Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Back into LS1 life

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Thanks, I have come across them, didn’t approach as they seem high end engine race builds…
Sounds like a place where I would go

If I see a shop full of racecars it typically means that they have a good rep

People who own race cars want value for money and experience, it soon gets around when a shop doesn't perform or they over charge, customers flee like rats from a sinking ship

In saying that they can charge a premium, but they usually stand by their work and that in itself is worth a premium, and wait times to get your car in can take awhile as well

I would price up all the parts you want first, then talk to the shop about your parts list and goals

JasonMit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Auto
Sounds like a place where I would go

If I see a shop full of racecars it typically means that they have a good rep

People who own race cars want value for money and experience, it soon gets around when a shop doesn't perform or they over charge, customers flee like rats from a sinking ship

In saying that they can charge a premium, but they usually stand by their work and that in itself is worth a premium, and wait times to get your car in can take awhile as well

I would price up all the parts you want first, then talk to the shop about your parts list and goals
Definately agree with that analogy, same as a restaurant full of people… food must be good. The quote I got is exactly from such a workshop, decent cars on hoist each time I been. They aren’t into the YouTube hits and have a reputation for themselves.
I will ask for a list of what will be done, he did tell me them but I don’t speak engine lingo and can’t recall it.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Definately agree with that analogy, same as a restaurant full of people… food must be good. The quote I got is exactly from such a workshop, decent cars on hoist each time I been. They aren’t into the YouTube hits and have a reputation for themselves.
I will ask for a list of what will be done, he did tell me them but I don’t speak engine lingo and can’t recall it.
Get them to email it to you, what parts, what specs, what brands

I personally want to know exactly what I'm paying for

I got bit years ago on a build, I ended up with cheap ebay parts but paid brand name prices, never again