Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Back seat

Crackermagik

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL executive SL
Is the back seat in an 87 vl executive meant to clip in at the back or just under the front? The back keeps coming up when people sit on it. It won’t pass pits because of it and I can’t find anything on it online..

Attachments

• BDBC9460-1297-47F3-9CF8-0AEC9F4BC23A.jpeg
    BDBC9460-1297-47F3-9CF8-0AEC9F4BC23A.jpeg
    275.8 KB · Views: 124

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
For memory, the back section of the back seat hooks onto lugs at the top, then you fold down 2 tabs at the bottom to hold the bottom of the back section in place.
The base section of the seat pushes into lugs at the back then pushes down at the front to hold it in place, I think ??
and FWIW they are a prick of a thing at times so you may have to play with them a bit to secure them, and yes, I do remember sitting on them can cause them to come unhooked, so you may have to use some clips/pipe saddles screwed over the seat frame to the floor/panel area to hold it, but make sure you are not screwing into fuel tank/pipes/wires etc.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
pull the bottom section up look at how the hooks in the floor grab it put it in the hooks and push it in, it some of them can be a fight from hell if your weak .ive laughed at many a boy that couldn't put the seat in. When I was a boy the old man told me many times your weak boy the first thing Id do when we worked on a car was to rip the back seat out looking for coins. In 1985 a packet of peter jackson 15's was 95 cents.