Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Backyard Wreckers !

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Honestly how do they get away with this shite by their Councils ?

Because councils/police in the northern suburbs have a lot more important things to worry about than a few cars here and there :p

Like above that pic looks like Davoren Park/Elizabeth/Smithfield, the fact theres no mullets in the yard smoking meth etc in that pic means that house is probably above standard for the area.

Also the fact that dead lawn is less than 4 ft high is above standard for that suburb, councils probably gonna give em best house on the street award.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I was guilty on this for about 3months whilst we hunted for a workshop. I can therefore never judge.
our workshop ended up being found in Smithfield coincidently lol

on councils - its definitely the inaction of the Salisbury/Para councils here. They are too busy funding a $40M 'hub' for the council chambers, and killing off public areas.

Barossa council wont stand for it, my Dad builds demo derby cars, and due to covid his yard has held onto the race ready cars for a year. He has had a visit and a few phone calls about these vehicles on his property. He lives on acreage, not small suburb block, but the council are on to it.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I was guilty on this for about 3months whilst we hunted for a workshop. I can therefore never judge.
our workshop ended up being found in Smithfield coincidently lol

on councils - its definitely the inaction of the Salisbury/Para councils here. They are too busy funding a $40M 'hub' for the council chambers, and killing off public areas.

Barossa council wont stand for it, my Dad builds demo derby cars, and due to covid his yard has held onto the race ready cars for a year. He has had a visit and a few phone calls about these vehicles on his property. He lives on acreage, not small suburb block, but the council are on to it.

I am surprised about the phone calls, if he lives on acreage....I have a mate that lives around the Balaclava area and at last count he had about 12 or so cars....The local council is onto him about making sure the property has no dead trees or a build up of leaves, but never have they said anything about his cars

IMA the pinery bushfire from a couple of years back, was stopped straight across the road from his place.....He was sitting on his front verandah watching it, with his sprinkler system going flat out over his house

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
IMA the pinery bushfire from a couple of years back, was stopped straight across the road from his place.....He was sitting on his front verandah watching it, with his sprinkler system going flat out over his house
The bloke who used to own Yamwreck was from Pinery. You don't happen to know him by any chance? I've been wanting to see if he has any RD 400 gear. I sold all mine years ago and now regret it in some ways.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I am surprised about the phone calls, if he lives on acreage....I have a mate that lives around the Balaclava area and at last count he had about 12 or so cars....The local council is onto him about making sure the property has no dead trees or a build up of leaves, but never have they said anything about his cars

at first they were worried he was running an undeclared business (wrecking yard) now I think its partly because they are excited about the demo derby as well :D, but they seemed keen to know that he didnt have plans to keep 2 dozen gutted cars on the fence line forever.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The bloke who used to own Yamwreck was from Pinery. You don't happen to know him by any chance? I've been wanting to see if he has any RD 400 gear. I sold all mine years ago and now regret it in some ways.

Sorry, I don't...All my contacts are for car stuff, rather than bike stuff.

Where about was Yamwreck located? I could check if it still exists...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Not 100% sure it was either called Malalla Rd or Pinery Rd I think? He lived in an old stone House IIRC and the sheds he had were stone or brick too. He sold the gear from home.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Not 100% sure it was either called Malalla Rd or Pinery Rd I think? He lived in an old stone House IIRC and the sheds he had were stone or brick too. He sold the gear from home.

Will have an ask around for you then