Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bad condensation and fogging on inside of windscreen

ads18x

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Ute
Ive searched tirelessly on the site and google and didnt find anything about the inside of the windscreen fogging up so bad on early mornings.
Ive tried leaving recirc on, and off, when i turn the car off. Didn't work. Cleaned the window with Maguires thinking it might be due to dirt or something.
Turning on the a/c doesnt really work, I can only let the car idle for so long before im just wasting petrol.

Has anyone else had this? Have they fixed it or even worked out what causes it?

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
yeh mate have the same issue but i just make sure the the air con is on and the A/C button is on also select the front windscreen for the blower. What i found without the a/c button the aircon doesnt really do much as the a/c button de-humidifies the air which is what gets rid of the fog on the inside of the windscreen.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
i would think maybee check the water drain might not be draining properly leaving some moisture in the car causing the fog

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
The demist function with the aircon on should demist the screen in seconds, it does on my VY. Have you checked the air ducts to see if the demist ones are getting enough air and the flaps etc in the ducts are not stuck?

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
You may have an issue with your car ? My VE clears within 10 seconds with the a/c and demister on... Have you tried pollution mode before demisting the screen ?

scratcher1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 2010 SS UTE
Hey ads18x
I think the fogging can be a normal thing that happens, like everyone saying use the ac to get rid of, about the condensation, i had the same thing happen to my brand new 2010 ss ute, i think the problem is that as i live in canberra the temp drops at night really quick, i think i had the heater going on the inside while driving then when you get out of the car and go inside for the night the car is warm/hot on the inside and really cold on the outside so as the it cools down inside you get condensation forms on the glass inside the car. After that 1st time i just make sure i dont pull up with a hot interior, just open your windows a bit as you come down the street to vent some hot air.
Hope this may help
Cheers

ads18x

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Ute
The fogging happens overnight, so when i hop in my car at 5am the inside of the window has a condensation on it. It may be from the hot air inside the cab forming on the windows but i thought it would go after sitting for 12hrs.

I tried rain-x that helps heaps but you can see streaks when you get morning/afternoon glare.

Where are these drains and vents that i can check to make sure they aren't blocked?

flyjoe180

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Happened to me a few nights ago, we had freezing rain (literally) and the moisture on the inside of the windscreen was really bad. Aircon cannot remove large amounts of moisture, I used a soft rag to clear the obvious moisture then the aircon to finish the foggy stuff off. Annoying, as you need to clean the inside of the windscreen afterwards or you get those streaks in the sunlight later. The main cause in my case, was I think due to the use of a sun visor which cooled the windscreen down even faster than normal.

ads18x

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Ute
ah k as long as it happens to someone else lol its about 3 or 4 degrees every morning for me. How does the sun visor cool the windscreen, doesnt it just block sun from ur eyes?

flyjoe180

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I meant a full windscreen sun shield fold out thingy. It reflects the heat and sunlight as it is designed to do, cooling the interior of the car. The sudden drop in temperature and low temperature combined I think caused my condensation issue. It was the first time I've had it. Was ok today.