Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bad experiance at Holden.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
LOL, my car has got a "Maintained by Heartland Holden" sticker on it! Yet it hasn't been with them for AGES! Judging by the service history it was all good too when they worked on it!

Maybe you just got some bad guys, but it does sound like me to be a transmission issue! I would look into getting quotes to making it a manual from private places and see what they say!

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Thank god, ive gotta Manual, phew
& service the car myself.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
the 5sps do have a drain and fill plug on the gearbox, actually alot easier than the 4sp

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
apartently my holden dealer and my old work (auto one) there is a service kit got quoted from holden 150 auto one 86 same sorta thing as the old vt box filter seal etc

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
the 5sps do have a drain and fill plug on the gearbox, actually alot easier than the 4sp

I'd rather do a 4spd box anyday than mess around with the filling procedure on the 5spd. Especially where the filler hole is, it's so close to the cat and exhaust when the car is running it's burn city under there. 4spd is just drop the pan, clean it, whack it on and chuck in 4.2 litres, run and check. No need to run it, wait for it to drain, then while the car is running open the filler again and fill up to full.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Well got in my car to drive home from work tonite and my car was clunking into every gear. It was enough to compression lock on downshift. I guess Holden were right. Can a mod please change the title of this thread to Gearbox problem on SV6 :cry:

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Thats really unlucky Paul, hope u get it all sorted.:thumbsup:

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I'd rather do a 4spd box anyday than mess around with the filling procedure on the 5spd. Especially where the filler hole is, it's so close to the cat and exhaust when the car is running it's burn city under there. 4spd is just drop the pan, clean it, whack it on and chuck in 4.2 litres, run and check. No need to run it, wait for it to drain, then while the car is running open the filler again and fill up to full.

Why would you be running the car while you're draining it??

Give it a lap around the block to heat the fluid a bit so it drains easy, but no way would you have the car running while you change it!