Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bad fuel smell coming into the cabin..

Smoked

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive power pack
Hey guys im new here had a bit of a look around great site...:thumbsup: I know this has been posted before i have read a fair few of your reviews!!
VY commodore exec powerpack (2002)
I have a 3 year old daughter and a 8 week old baby and im fed up this smell needs to stop now my wife and kids are in danger, the fuel smell has been an ongoing thing for about 3 years, it comes and goes i have had it back to holden dealers its cost me wads and the problem is still there!!! To say im angry is an under statement we have changed the fuel cap which didn't ake a difference in this case, they have checked the fuel cell for leaks (so they tell me) ????? I have ripped the car appart to see if i can pin point the problem my self but im no mechanic... The smell is unbareable but it comes and goes hot or cold days it doesn't matter, they said my wife was over filling the tank so the charcol canister was full of fuel they suposidley cleaned it out???? B&*&Cr@p...... I think it's got to be a factory fault IMO... There are a fair few guys on the forum that have had the same problem, but the sillutions were a bit confusing... It's going back to the dealer Monday :bang: If these guys are professionals and can't fix it who can??? I will appreciate any suggestions.. Regards Damo

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
It can only be the breather lines on the tank, a leaky fuel line or leaky injector O-rings. I'd have the o rings and fuel hoses replaced anyway just to be sure because it doesn't take much to burn the car down when you have a fuel leak

craig n

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
Just a thought, street machine mag had a similar problem solved by removing fuel tank. Checking all welds extra and ended up being over flow hose, it didnt leak but some how the vapour would escape under certain condition.

steve40

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
Hi i don,t know if this will help but I had a bad fuel smell the other day after filling up even after a day or so it was still there so i undid the fuel cap and did it up again and the smell was gone straight away.I also have had the smell before and brought a new fuel cap which fixed the problem as well.