Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bad handling

J

jeremy

hey i lowered my car and put wheels on it 235s and got a wheel alignment but the things allover the road like carzy kinda side to side?? any ideas
i mite have a stuffed ball joint
cheers

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
did ya cut the springs?? or do it properlly. If its done prop did ya do it yourself. If ya did it yaself did you do it correctly. Do all the bolts up tight etc etc etc.. If you didnt do it take it back to where it was done. The people that did the wheel alignment should have told you if an anything was wrong.

genIIIbandit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS BLACK M6
I would say that the tyres being 235 are the issue, i had a vp wagon that drive like crap with 235 on it, soon as i changed back to 215 it tracked spot on, try different tyre width if ya can.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Is it tramlining because of the wider wheels/tyres? You can find a car will follow the contours of the road much worse with wider tyres on it.

VN Commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 5 spd/VR Calais daily driver
You could also be getting a bit of bump steer too on really bumpy roads. I don't really notice it on mine though.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Like a Set of 18" VY SS rims on a VL Calais. the front follows the road but the whole car still isn't badly balanced. Could he have a different issue?.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
if it follows the road somthing is wrong check your strut tower rubbers for cracks they cause big issues if worn

J

jeremy

oh ok thanks for that ill check those rubbers and try skiny tyres
cheers:thumbsup: