Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bad sound in vx commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx, vx supercharge both 2002 , ve 2007
How long has it been making the noise for? Does the noise go away if you rev it?
When you start it, does the oil warning light go straigt off or does it take a while?
When was the last oil and filter change done?
last filter id say 8mths mayby9 the sound is loud when u start it and yes it does go quieter when you rev it but i get no oil warning light staying on at all the only light that stays on is abs cause my hubby changed the driver seat without disconnecting battery like i told him lol and i havnt taken that to go on the dyno to get it re set and the noise could of been doing it for a wk or too as had been playing music in car loud not to notice

Reaction score
Members Ride
last filter id say 8mths mayby9 the sound is loud when u start it and yes it does go quieter when you rev it but i get no oil warning light staying on at all the only light that stays on is abs cause my hubby changed the driver seat without disconnecting battery like i told him lol and i havnt taken that to go on the dyno to get it re set and the noise could of been doing it for a wk or too as had been playing music in car loud not to notice
so noise dont go away but u just dont hear it as much when revving

Reaction score
Members Ride
so noise dont go away but u just dont hear it as much when revving
i have also now parked it on cardboard so i can see just how much oil it will leak as for the 6 days i was waiting and not driving it its leaked a bit of oil on cement so now im just gunna try see just how much it does leak oil as i check oil and water alot and it dont seem to be needing oil top ups

Reaction score
Members Ride
a
i have also now parked it on cardboard so i can see just how much oil it will leak as for the 6 days i was waiting and not driving it its leaked a bit of oil on cement so now im just gunna try see just how much it does leak oil as i check oil and water alot and it dont seem to be needing oil top ups
nd the amount it has leaked in 6 or so days is the size of say a bread and butter plate not as big as a dinner plate