Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bad vibrations - Check powertrain

koldknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ E Utility
Hi,

Recently I had a screw in my tyre and I didn't have time to change it. There was a slight bump when the screw would contact the road when driving of course and I didn't think much of it, all up I drove it for maybe 20km before changing the tyre.

I now changed the tyre and I have a bad vibration even when idling, after a few seconds a warning light comes on saying "Check Powertrain" with a picture of a engine with a lightning bolt. When I first changed the tyre I drove a short way and when I turned the corner I heard the tyre make a rubber rubbing sound.

Any help would be appreciated. I would like to know what is wrong with the ute before I take it to the mechanic.

Thanks.

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
First up are you running original wheels and rubber?
Or have you put larger after market on and left the original size spare ?If you have,
Now that you put the spare tyre on is it the same size as your other tyres.Not so much the width but the height,overall rolling diameter.If its not it could be causing the TC-ABS to pick up that either axle is rotating at quite different speeds.
And from what you are saying in re; to the rubber rubbing sound I would say you have the spare on the rear and the LSD is doing what it is designed to do and send power to the other wheel as it thinks one wheel is spinning due to lack of traction,