Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Badge style police?

Mmast23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Goldcoast
Hi
I own a 2004 vy s2 Holden crewman and I was looking thru the owners manual and it says badge style police, now I've asked around and no one can tell me what it means. Background of the car, was bought new in early 2004
Cheers

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
May find that it is an ex police car used as a paddy wagon

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
Does it have all the correct badges? Perhaps they leave some off for police use. I purchased a HZ 308 Premier many years back that was built for the NSW Commissioner of Police but the government changed before he could take delivery and they cancelled it and it ended up at a local dealer. It had every bell and whistle imaginable and it is one of the cars I wish I still had.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
IIRC, there was an option for the engine specification badge to be left off. For example, in the VL days, it was common for the ‘turbo’ badge to be left off on police cars.

It looked a little strange as the ‘SL’ badge was still left on but shifted to the centre to allow space for the missing turbo badge. so, instead of ‘SL turbo’ it had ‘SL (space)’.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Badge Style is just an identifier that the dealership uses. IE Badge Style executive, or calais. Means it was built to police spec.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
lol, watch out all you blokes with chev badges on your Holdens. The Badge Style Police are on the prowl. :cool: