Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Badges for vs :D

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
What made you go buy a V8 in the first place? It's a pure & simple fact in the rules that P plater's in SA, NSW, QLD, VIC and I think they are trying to get it over in WA as well they aren't allowed to Drive any kind of High Powered Cars unless it is a Diesel. Why don't you sell off the 8 and buy a nice 6 with the cash? Get caught driving that it's goodbye to your license and a very very hefty fine. A guy got done for just moving a Turbo'd VL here in NSW, got a $950 fine and I think it was 12months loss of license. Could be different in VIC, but the point remains the same.

Krilnik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
There's a reason they keep you young idiots from driving high powered cars.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
No you can't register as a 6 as on the rego papers there will be something stating the engine capacity or the engine number and this must match when you go to re-registered it, unless the motor has been change then an Engineering certificate is required.

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Why are you all even replying to this dumb thread,obviously this person has a few loose screws

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
What made you go buy a V8 in the first place? It's a pure & simple fact in the rules that P plater's in SA, NSW, QLD, VIC and I think they are trying to get it over in WA as well they aren't allowed to Drive any kind of High Powered Cars unless it is a Diesel. Why don't you sell off the 8 and buy a nice 6 with the cash? Get caught driving that it's goodbye to your license and a very very hefty fine. A guy got done for just moving a Turbo'd VL here in NSW, got a $950 fine and I think it was 12months loss of license. Could be different in VIC, but the point remains the same.

WA have been toying with the idea but as usual, Wait Awile. I don't think it will come in here anytime soon, just like daylights savings and everything else.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
You bastards are already 4 hours behind the rest of us, by the time the local weather news reaches you guys it would have changed.... Your so far away WA Why don't you just keep on moving..... Only joking.... But seriously I know what you mean, you guys seem fairly relaxed over there as far as your road rules go.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
You bastards are already 4 hours behind the rest of us, by the time the local weather news reaches you guys it would have changed.... Your so far away WA Why don't you just keep on moving..... Only joking.... But seriously I know what you mean, you guys seem fairly relaxed over there as far as your road rules go.

LOL chopperrrrrrrrr :beer chug: