Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Badges for vs :D

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
It's sick pretty much no restrictions from full licenses, when I got my L's the only difference was p platers had 0.02 BAC instead of 0.05.

g0thicvampress

Ree Ree
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v8 ute
It's all good. I need it for work but I can get an exception so I'm happy. Stop calling me an idiot I need a high powered ute because I work at just commodore wreakers and I tow heavy vehicles a 6 would blow up instantly LOL. Trust me we've gone through 3 :) god I hate how people assume all p platers are idiots. Get your story straight first ok I don't appreciate this :(

brend94vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore executitve, manual vn executive
all you gotta do is put for sale on the window with a mobile number make sure it works coz they will check it, if u get pulled over just say its the only car u had available to drive and that you are trying to sell it :), and i agree theres no need to attack her, im a p green p plater till the 27th of april and i believe that we are safer drivers (except for the morons) because we have to do more tests ( like hazzard prevention) etc

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
It's all good. I need it for work but I can get an exception so I'm happy. Stop calling me an idiot I need a high powered ute because I work at just commodore wreakers and I tow heavy vehicles a 6 would blow up instantly LOL. Trust me we've gone through 3 :) god I hate how people assume all p platers are idiots. Get your story straight first ok I don't appreciate this :(

If this is the case, and not just a cover up for not wanting to look like a fool from all the above abuse, then you are still partially to blame for getting all the abuse, because the way you worded your initial question made everyone suspicious.

If you wanted to avoid the abuse from a public and open forum, you should have said 'I can't afford to buy a new car for my P Plates, due to work is there any way that I can legally drive my V8 on my P's in Victoria'? - rather than trying to dodge the system, like expecting people won't see your wang with a condom on it.

My 2c

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
You bastards are already 4 hours behind the rest of us, by the time the local weather news reaches you guys it would have changed.... Your so far away WA Why don't you just keep on moving..... Only joking.... But seriously I know what you mean, you guys seem fairly relaxed over there as far as your road rules go.

Hahah chopper reid LOL

LOL, wouldn't call a 5lt 'high powered'

Exactly, pretty sure a VE V6 has more stock power than a VTSS...

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
because we have to do more tests ( like hazzard prevention) etc

if you seriously think a computer test that you can barely see any definition on makes you safer, you have no idea. its 1 extra test, which proves nothing but clicking, not actual braking and swerving etc.
before you say im some old whinger, im on red p's and did the test not too long ago, it was stupid, worse then playing need for speed 3, atleast you can swerve and brake in the game!

if its for work and you get an exemption there is no need to hide driving a v8. work purposes is fine, but you need the actual exemption and not just make up some story to the police. trying to hide the fact its a v8 makes it look shifty.

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV

Towing is down to torque, also just because you use it for towing at the wreckers don't mean it will be approved. There are quite a few factors that they consider, don't be surprised if it is rejected and your told to sell the V8 Ute and buy a 6 with decent torque that will also do the job.

Cpt Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 S II HBD VY SS , 04 VY S II Executive
put an ls3 into it with the sequential cylinder shundown thingo. its a v8 on charge and a v4 on cruise, then most of the time you'll be branded as a safe unhoony driver...everyones happy:spot on:

VYBR8R

VYBR8NV8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute 5.7/A4
put an ls3 into it with the sequential cylinder shundown thingo. its a v8 on charge and a v4 on cruise, then most of the time you'll be branded as a safe unhoony driver...everyones happy:spot on:

imagine the power to weight ratio of an ls3 in a vs :) even with AFM, i reckon paint it camoflage so the cops cant see it at all, cause they'd be really decieved then