Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Badges Or No Badges???

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
i'd say leave them on, i have hsv one's on mine, but have taken all the other badges off

my car pretty much looks like a vs becuase i have changed all the indicators and and taillights to clear ones instead of the orange....

HyperVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR V6 S2
lol hey whats wrong wif da spoiler?
I didnt put it on the owner b4 last did its an old HSV one i think

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
i took the spoiler of mine also i think it looks better without but that my thoughts on it

HyperVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR V6 S2
mmm yer would look lil better now that i think about it lol but i cant afford to have the back of me car resprayed :S is it a myth that spoilers help with fuel economy something to do with the aerodynamics of the car i dunno lol not that fuel is a bother for me cos im on gas...

dlzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 3.8 V6
HyperVR said:
mmm yer would look lil better now that i think about it lol but i cant afford to have the back of me car resprayed :S is it a myth that spoilers help with fuel economy something to do with the aerodynamics of the car i dunno lol not that fuel is a bother for me cos im on gas...

spoilers provide downforce.. but on standard cars and the speeds most people travel they are only there for cosmetic looks, nothing else.

i personally like the sleek no spoiler look (car also looks lower)

mistermeena

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0
yeah no spoiler is good i took mine off because the boot kept falling on my head and decided it looks way better.. as for badges its a matter of preference all i have is the front and back round holden badges and the "commodore" badge on the black strip each side though i have considered putting the 5.0 badges on too as morons keep lining me up in their v6's

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
"yeah no spoiler is good i took mine off because the boot kept falling on my head" yeah bloody hell i nearly got knocked out when my boot came down with a Vr GTS wing on it :cry:
As for the badges your call i think either way looks nice!

HyperVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR V6 S2
hahahaha (about the boot lid almost knocken ya out) that dont happen with mine must have lighter lid or stronger springs..... i got no idea what sorta wing mine is cos i never seen one like it b4 some1 told me they have seen it on the VR clubsport... most of the ones i have seen that came stock with them have a post or whatever u wanna call it in the middle of the lid.....

Attachments

• Image(155).jpg
    Image(155).jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 214

mistermeena

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0
hypre vr i had exact same rear wing i think its aftermarket cause like you said all the clubby ones ive seen had that post in the middle which i dont really like

HyperVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR V6 S2
cool cos some dick told me it was a ford one which would just be the worst thing to do to a Holden!!!! lol i seen the funniest thing today tho i saw a Ford Falcon with a "HSV I Just Want One!" sticker hahaha thats just WRONG!!!!