Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BADNWS 2007 WM Caprice ~ Now With Coilovers ~ Soon to be Cammed!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Nah I got Newgel to do mine. I bought it off eBay for 50 bucks and they charged about 400 to fit and paint. Mine is a Grange one and I've only ever seen 1 other listed. You gotta get one though, it would totally suit your car.

BADNWS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SRT
Nah I got Newgel to do mine. I bought it off eBay for 50 bucks and they charged about 400 to fit and paint. Mine is a Grange one and I've only ever seen 1 other listed. You gotta get one though, it would totally suit your car.

**** $400..... I have been keeping my eye out but cant seem to find any, I thought that the grange one was different to the standard boot lip. I might have to have a look at a few interstate places to see if I can get one..

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
The Grange is heaps different to the HSVi option one avalible for the Statesman and Caprice. It's a lot more curvy, higher and overall more sexy ;)

HSVi:
senlip1-h.jpg

senlip2-h.jpg

Grange:
6e07ec48.jpg

19082009479.jpg

P1000086.jpg

I probably should have asked the guys at Newgel if they wanted to get a mould of mine before they fitted it so they could to some aftermarket ones.

BADNWS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SRT
The hsvi looks crap lol... The Grange one looks alot better!!! I will have to definatly have a look around as the lip definatly grows on you the more you look at it.

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
Very nice Caprice mate :)
I have a question for you, how did you get the mirror cover off to replace them with the chrome ones? From the pics it just looks like a few clips...is there a particular way to get them off? I don't want to replace mine, just paint them. Mine is a VY but I'm pretty sure they are the same mirrors? Would appreciate any help.

BADNWS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SRT
Very nice Caprice mate :)
I have a question for you, how did you get the mirror cover off to replace them with the chrome ones? From the pics it just looks like a few clips...is there a particular way to get them off? I don't want to replace mine, just paint them. Mine is a VY but I'm pretty sure they are the same mirrors? Would appreciate any help.

Thanks man ;)
The mirror covers were pretty easy to get off, you just need a flat head screw driver, all you need to do is jimmy the screw driver in the middle between the base of the mirror and the top cover, If you work this around the whole way, the cover should pop off, I have pics of when I did it and also will try and get the instructions up for you..... I will post the pics up for you tonight - watch this space -