Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bagged Wagon tubbing

Jordy_VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Hey guys,
my VR wagon is bagged at the rear and i want to cut the inner guards out so it can sit on the ground!
just wondering if anyone has any tips or pointers to help out.... if i have to weld in some support bars...
it has 17" vt ss rims on it now but next week i am throwing 20" ve gts rims on so it wont go as low as it does now.
any help is appreciated

Cheers!!

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Doubt the car will be legal or roadworthy with tubs, you're probably better off talking to an automotive engineer for something like this than the forum. The biggest problem you will probably run into apart from that is how far are you going to be able to go until the diff housing hits the body, should look at this before committing.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Get a metal wash tub and cut it in half and weld those into the wheel well

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
dont laugh, but most of the old skool tubbed cars are done with empty 205ltr oil barrels. they are the perfect size and the 2 ribs in the steel make them tough as fk. just section the width of tyre youre going for, say 300mm with around 200mm of overhang to allow fitment to the body, section the barrel in half, remove the inner arches and replace with the old drum.

jobs a good un' was thinking of doing this to the impala, but my chassis rails wont allow for larger tyres than what i have already. and im not even gonna consider sectioning the chassis.