Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Baj's VT Calais International L67

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
With the catback LS1 exhaust, was that 2.5 or 3'' ? Or do you have a link to the one you had in mind? :)

mine was the 2 1/2 X force twin system, sounds nice but mine had a horrible crackle over 4,000rpm only with the hi-flo cats in I think mine had a dodgy resonator because it was only at high back pressure when It was loud as soon as I put the stock cats back it I couldn't hear it until it hit like 5,500rpm and I only just could notice it but I would buy something similar to this. The L76 Calais have a twin cat just like the LS1's so any LS1 exhaust will be fine.

VTIICalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Calais International L67
Yea, sounds good. Iv just got to put it in to get serviced on Friday because it has been running rough for awhile. The CAI has made a great difference in throttle response and my fuel economy. Stupid transmission is giving me issues of late.

VTIICalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yesterday I bought weather guards for my windows, bonnet protector and the replacement centre cap. Put on the bonnet protector yesterday afternoon, a lot easier then I was expecting. Looks decent enough but more for protection where I am now with country roads and road trains lol

VTIICalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bonnet protector and weather guards are now on. But seriously, the weather guards were a b*tch to put on....

IMG_0405.jpgIMG_0407.jpgIMG_0406.jpg

VTIICalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Has anyone used the MSD ignition coils on their engines, anyone found any improvements over the stock GM parts?

Edit: I went to autobarn and they wanted to charge me $100 for each coil tower, yeah no thanks when I have seen in cheaper online .....

Last edited:

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Has anyone used the MSD ignition coils on their engines, anyone found any improvements over the stock GM parts?

Edit: I went to autobarn and they wanted to charge me $100 for each coil tower, yeah no thanks when I have seen in cheaper online .....

there's a huge write up about them on the L67torque forum basically there the same as the stock Holden ones but there in red plastic and look 10x better

VTIICalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, I have ordered 3 to replace my current ones. On another note, iv applied for a job with Holden. So here is hoping I get the job. I need a better one badly :)

VTIICalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden_calais_vt_series_2_international_by_auerochsen-d5zmhxp.jpg

I know I haven't been able to update my car in ages. Real life gets in the way ( including bills ) to do anything decent. But my cuz and me went out and cleaned her up and took a photo. Enjoy

VTIICalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing much to update on her really with any improvements.

Brand new front tires and replacement of all Coil packs and DFI.

And looking at a possible replacement of a bent right strut.

Basically some bastard stole one of my center caps while ill was up working near Singlton. I know this because i stopped at a Petrol Station to put air into my tires and had to use the loo, and came back out and one had been taken off. I am rather pissed at the expense of replacing another one.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Basically some bastard stole one of my center caps while ill was up working near Singlton. I know this because i stopped at a Petrol Station to put air into my tires and had to use the loo, and came back out and one had been taken off. I am rather pissed at the expense of replacing another one.

Custom non removable (while the wheel is fitted) centres ftw!