Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Baking 2pak paint

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
About to start on a new VP wagon project....and the first step is to strip and give the car a respray.....i will be spraying it up myself....my question is...what happens if you dont bake the paint? Is there any alternatives?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you can get airdry hardner for 2 pack if you cant bake it

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
hey mate
i was going to spray my vl when i had it, it was ages ago so i dont quite remember but i think i was just going to do it on a day with perfect weather and at perfect temp it will take along time to dry but get away with it. But like i said, it was a few years ago, and there will be someone on here with much better info.

fat084

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 84
hi
you dont need to bake it if you paint it in 2pac it comes with hardner
If you going to do it at home wear a mask and ask for fast hardner you will get a good shine
give it a go dont let fear stop you

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
get the aus. standard masks too, mine were only 7bucks or something, well worth it. also if you havent already bought paint maybe you can look for some surplus paint from a car company.. i picked up 15L of metallic 2pak blue base coat for $75 :p

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
yeh i got the paint a while go....i was painting my other vp wagon but it got stollen before i could even finish putting everything in primer hahaha...

spray equipment isnt really an issue as im a painter...so i have a mask with the particle and the gas cartrige filters.

Ive already bout the paint....i went with hichem undercoat and PPG top coat...i knew there was a reason they gave me the fast hardener...

so that pretty much solves the bakeing issue??

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
sounds like it does to ma mate. i'd just say make sure where your spraying it at an optimum warm temperature.