Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bali 9 - thoughts?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Thank god that's over with, maybe we can get back to real issues rather than putting drug peddlers up on a pedestal as some courageous battlers.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Dead (and probably buried by now).

Can't say I'm sorry either.

Maybe someone will learn from this (not likely though).

Schapel should consider herself very lucky.....

Can we now get on with the rest of life and all the good (and bad) it has to offer.

My thoughts go out to the people of Nepal. 4000+ dead which is expected to at least double once they get out to the remote villages which were near the epicentre of the earthquake.

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
In a lot of countries that carry the death penalty, they make the condemned serve the sentence of there crimes before they are executed. In the US it is common for prisoners to be on death row for 20+ years. I do not understand why people are complaining as to why they spent 10 years in jail. If they were executed straight away, they would have not have received any punishment other then death (which is pretty harsh). The sentences are there to make one feel guilty and understand the wrong doing by the perpetrator.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
@alecVS2
Most reasonable post on this thread.
The executions are almost irrelevant. It's the manner in which the Indonesian president and his ministers have acted towards Australia that shits me. Utter contempt.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Thank god that's over with, maybe we can get back to real issues rather than putting drug peddlers up on a pedestal as some courageous battlers.

Probably about this time next week we should be able to.

@alecVS2
The executions are almost irrelevant. It's the manner in which the Indonesian president and his ministers have acted towards Australia that shits me. Utter contempt.

Shits me too but surely you can't be surpirsed Calaber. Par for the course really.

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Whats all this bribery stuff i just heard mentioned on the radio? Something about the judges asking for money to give them a life sentence instead of death? Is it just one stations bull dust or has anyone else heard that too?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yep, it certainly does happen. It's probably the reason that many do try and get away with it because they believe that they can bride their way out of it if caught. Possible to try if you were Indonesian however they seem to like making examples of foreigners......

If the Aussie government was serious they would make a stand by cutting foreign aid to said country but at the end of the day most politicians are cowards and will do nothing other than say meaningless words.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
@alecVS2

And they'll still expect $$$ in aid relief , that's what gets me . I did hear where the Australian government was considering recalling its ambassador in Indonesia . They should expel theirs in Australia .

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Meanwhile in real news, the death toll in Nepal is rising and where is the Australian Foreign Minister? Giving a press conference on 2 dead pond scum.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It's not cowardice. It's the harsh reality of diplomacy and maintaining cordial international relations. Personally I think Indonesia sucks and should be told to piss off but we will be diplomatic and continue to be reamed out by an ungrateful neighbor.