Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Banged up frontbar due to carpark exit...

run

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT GTR
Hey guys i went to visit my local GP today and parked in the rear carpark. When exiting, i noticed a very steep decent out onto the road. I was going at crawling pace downwards when i heard the frontbar start to dig into the road, i reversed and came thru on a better angle and got out onto the road. When i drove back passed the carpark exit i noticed a large cement slab running along side it. I checked my car and the side of my frontbar had buckled underneath the slab/road and not only pulled the side of my kit away from my car, but had pushed back some metal on the wheel arch! I cant believe how much damage this damn exit has done even though i was going extremely slowly and heard minimal noise.

I have a VT with a GTO frontbar which is now looking quite sorry for itself. My question to you guys is do you think i could bring this to the local councils attention (the terrible carpark exit) and prehaps gain some $$$ for my poor car?? :cry:

Ill go back later today and take some pictures of the carpark exit, it really is pathetic.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
depends if it was a council car park, or a private one.

either way, good luck getting money off them.

many car parks are disgracefully designed. i've been in one with a bollard painted grey that wasn't visible in the rear view mirror (not high enough) just waiting to get hit. the concrete slabs that are 1/2 a foot high acting as dividers are also terrible - you can't see them from the driver's seat.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
depends, if your car is legal height you should have a case,