Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Banks - VZ SSZ Ute

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Would it look crap without SS headlights you think?

EDIT: Just read you need projector lamps to use them, if I can find a set of ss headlights cheap then I might do this

You don’t need projector lights, but if you used them in non-projector headlights the cut off line and beam pattern wouldn’t be the same and it would blind everyone. I would only recommend doing this type of mod with cars that have the projector style headlights.

Personally, I think anything else but the SS lights would look crap. The way the LED parkers and the low beams flow would look 100 times better then non-projector style headlights.

I was having a detailed look at the headlights when I had them out. I found that the cut off line is actually achieved by a piece of metal shaped like the cut off line inside the bulb chamber. Sooo technically you could make you own cut off line, be it completely flat or just slightly angled. Would mean opening the headlights up thou. If I had a spare set lying around I would defiantly do it. But I don’t want to buy a set just to experiment on atm. happy with how they have turned out :) maybe in the future…

I saw a pair on ebay a week ago going for $400, which is pretty cheap

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Got the hsv bonnent extension today, looks wierd atm as its not black but ill paint it when i get around to painting the tailgate. ****ing me off not driving around with one in atm.

Bought an automatic window winder from autobarn aswell. Left my window open about 3 cm the other night and it rained... Automatically winds the windows up when you lock the car, very european :p lol

I dunno what im going to do next. Im trying to get an exhaust that this guy in brisbane is selling cheap but he's away so i've got no info on that.

Also some 315mm HSV rear brakes but the guys just come out of hospital so i dunno whats going on there either.

Damn not having spare money to spend just on the car, i'd go out and get so much stuff right now lol

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
50836d1219234045-banks-vz-ssz-ute-img_7255-800x600-.jpg

Is that just low beam with a HID kit?

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Does anyone know of any bulbs that are MEGA white. Im getting annoyed that the foggies are yellow... lol

50833d1219234045-banks-vz-ssz-ute-img_7251-800x600-.jpg

50837d1219234045-banks-vz-ssz-ute-img_7261-800x600-.jpg

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
I painted the tailgate today, aswell as the bonnet extension. Looks bloody fantastic!!

Ill post some pics up tomorrow :)

ricecooker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
dude this is one neat ride
some hid spotties would do the trick

vz prydnjy

Catch Ya
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Nice ute mate.
About your diff, i have a vz ssz ute also. My diff is a harrop. My local holden dealer tells me its a non standard diff???
Any ideas??

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
dude this is one neat ride
some hid spotties would do the trick

Thanks man :thumbsup:

I had my eye on a set of these and then getting another HID kit for em. I would only keep em white to match the parkers. Dont know if they are a bit ricey or not, i reckon they would look good lol

eBay Motors: HALO ANGEL EYE PROJECTOR 4" FOG LIGHTS 7 COLOR LED (item 300263194066 end time Oct-06-08 08:51:56 PDT)

Nice ute mate.
About your diff, i have a vz ssz ute also. My diff is a harrop. My local holden dealer tells me its a non standard diff???
Any ideas??

Im 99% sure that the SSZ's running gear, besides the brakes are the same as the VZ SS. So yeah your diff is a non standard item, bloody good one aswell, you shouldnt have any probs with it. Im putting one of these in + diff cooler once i start to do some heavy mods.

99-TTRC9492-00

99-ACVR6824-00