Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Banks - VZ SSZ Ute

miss_vx

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
01 VX
haha omg you should have heard my reaction when I opened this thread and saw the pics...

I am a REAL sucker for utes.. especially black V8's..... All I can say is....

THAT IS SOOO FREAKING HOT!!!!!!!!!

I am jealous!! hehe I want it so bad... I have really been thinking about getting a ute instead of the vx...

sooo tempting....

But I can't have a V8 or Charger yet *cry* stupid P plate laws...

lacy18

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Need some advice. I want to get some things looked at by holden. Just wondering which ones would be covered by warrenty. and by warrenty meaning i dont want to pay 1 cent lol

The satin inserts on the steering wheel have delaminated and are starting to bubble?
The diff has progressively started to whine something stupid....
The drivers seat belt doesnt retract
and the gearbox snaps violently from 1st to second no matter what speed.

I would think that most of that should be covered by the warranty. Not 100% sure but take it in and get them to look at all of it. They might debate the satin inserts and say it's been left in the sun too much, but they never tell you not to leave it in the sun...seat belts would def be covered and as for the diff and gearbox, because you haven't had any mods done you shouldn't have any problems! Let us know how you get on

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
I would think that most of that should be covered by the warranty. Not 100% sure but take it in and get them to look at all of it. They might debate the satin inserts and say it's been left in the sun too much, but they never tell you not to leave it in the sun...seat belts would def be covered and as for the diff and gearbox, because you haven't had any mods done you shouldn't have any problems! Let us know how you get on

sweet, thats what i wanted to hear :) i would expect the satin inserts to be a bit ify on them being covered but i need them to have a look at the diff and gearbox at least. Another thing is that the passenger door is leaking continuously when it rains. how would that go with warrenty?

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
haha omg you should have heard my reaction when I opened this thread and saw the pics...

I am a REAL sucker for utes.. especially black V8's..... All I can say is....

THAT IS SOOO FREAKING HOT!!!!!!!!!

I am jealous!! hehe I want it so bad... I have really been thinking about getting a ute instead of the vx...

sooo tempting....

But I can't have a V8 or Charger yet *cry* stupid P plate laws...

best reaction lol and thanks :) it took me so long to find a ssz one with black leather!

what about an S ute?

lacy18

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
The door should be fine aswell. Does the door sit flush with the rest of the body? Or does it sit out a little bit? Easiest way to check is to compare it to the other door. This happened with my front passenger door and only took a minor adjustment to get it fixed when I took it in (covered under warranty). If this isn't the case then check to see if the seals are in good nick and are still glued properly at the top. :thumbsup:

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
lol steer clear of the S utes

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
yea its the 6 part thats the problem :D

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
Very nice ute my friend! I think every Australian should own at least 1 ute in their life!