Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Barbados Blue VZ Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Cars looking nice mate :thumbsup:

any trouble getting the badges off the paint work? what did u use?

cheers

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Cars looking nice mate :thumbsup:

any trouble getting the badges off the paint work? what did u use?

cheers

nah it was quite easy actually, when i was buffing my rag got caught on the commodore badge and ripped the 'co' off it, for that one i grabbed the hairdrier heated and pulled off with my fingers (ripped the skin of the nails:bang:), so with the executive badge i got a fine flat blade screwdriver covered it with a rag stuck it under the badge and lifted, much easier,

used a clay bar to remove the built up dirt/pieces of double sided tape, polished than waxed,

you would never tell they where there

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
hey, hows the wagon going? U found out anymore about the manual conversion? i want to c it lol. would be awesome,

Cheers,

Nick

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
hey, hows the wagon going? U found out anymore about the manual conversion? i want to c it lol. would be awesome,

Cheers,

Nick

yes being manual would be awesome, but if i did do it there would be a few conditions, like living out of home, have a second car, have a donor car, and of course have the money to do all of the above lol,

my new years resolution is to put wheels on it lol, im buying a new mountain bike and a moto this year so that might strain the budget, but we'll see how things go

im still loving this car, but for a couple of weeks i did consider moving it on...

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
hey can i ask how dark is the tint, im trying to make up my mind how much darker i want mine to be

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
its 20% all round, its also **** easy to see through from the inside, looking through from the outside you can only see bright coloured things, if its in higher light, you can see inside more,

love the tint colour, depth etc highly recomended,

(i thinks its a madico film)

ps. love your monaro

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
its 20% all round, its also **** easy to see through from the inside, looking through from the outside you can only see bright coloured things, if its in higher light, you can see inside more,

love the tint colour, depth etc highly recomended,

(i thinks its a madico film)

ps. love your monaro

Thanks, i think i might go with 20%, ill get the guy to do a quick line up to see how it will look on my car first though

gen3_350_v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss vy 5.7l M6
a little tip, next time to debadge a car just heat it up with hair dryer (YES) then use fishing line to cut inbetween the glue and the paint, wont actually touch the paint, otherwise you run the risk off damaging the nice duco if you slip with that nasty rag covered screw driver :p, shes got potential nice wagon mate

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
a little tip, next time to debadge a car just heat it up with hair dryer (YES) then use fishing line to cut inbetween the glue and the paint, wont actually touch the paint, otherwise you run the risk off damaging the nice duco if you slip with that nasty rag covered screw driver :p, shes got potential nice wagon mate

yeah, i was thinking of doing that but the rag i hard was really thick and it worked a charm, thanks for the nice comment, i hope it does look nice when im finished with it

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
nice work andyman, i also went with 20percent on my wags and couldnt be happier, altho barbs jus remember it may be a touch darker on the manaro since it doesnt let as much light in compared to the wags ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.