Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Barina alarm disable using codes

CaptainCourageous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Barina Sri
I am having trouble disarming my alarm on a 2003 barina sri after breaking the button on the key that opens the door locks and stops the alarm from running all the time whilst driving.

I am following instructions to disable the alarm by going through the procedure stipulated on the card i have with the pin. Trouble is the flashing alarm indicator on the steering cover does not stay on when I turn on the ignition so I do not know if I am starting the procedure when I should. I have done this for a couple of hrs now and nothing seems to work...

Nobody around to assist me today so I'm stumped. I don't want to end up paying some stupid amount of money for an urgent fix so I am putting my faith in this forum.
Has anyone come across this type of problem?
Where I go from here?
It is a MAP1100s alarm system as far as I know.
Thanks in advance

CaptainCourageous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Barina Sri
Update.

I have got a new key and the new transponder(ID40)was programmed ok, the fob part not programmed so as a result the alarm is still going off. I have had a couple of mechanics try to program the fob using 3 different scantools (2 with the latest software) yet they cannot get into the bcm in order to program this part of the key. I have been told to just rip out the alarm but I want the car to operate as before and want to keep the security system as is. Does anyone know what could have happened for them not to be able to do this and what would be the solution.

Thanks in advance