Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Barn Find Vc Sle

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Thought i'd share this early girl i picked up last night, found it a few months ago & put a mate onto it. Had the 3.3 rebuilt 9 years earlier then put in a barn till we heard about it, my mate decided to do a vh instead of pulling this 1 apart & changing everything on it so i jumped at the chance to own it. Went over last night chucked some gas in it & headed off home.
Surprised the heck out of me to, best early girl i've ever driven. So good i thought i'd take her in this morning to see if i could get it road legal, all shes needed was a seatbelt - a wiper blade & a master cylinder lid so sorted that quick & got her legal. Been cruising round in it all arvo & real happy with it.
My mate replaced the Vc diff with a Vn V8 diff & i put the alloys on it otherwise shes standard as, only bugger my mate has dechromed it which is a shame but cant do much about that.

So the plan with this is keep it stockish as these will climb in value, i'll lower the front a tad & have to address the patina. To say the paints shagged is an understatement - sunburnt as with surface rust showing threw so will do a panel at a time while driving it. Black Satin finish will do for now, have to sort 2 windows that dont work & get some new carpets for her & the usual stuffed heater switch. Not much to sort, well anyways heres some pics....

Mr. Brightside

Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH 253 4 speed, 2006 VE SSV M6
The interior, badge placement on the front guards and the front and rear screen rubbers tell me that this car is actually a VB, looks like it's just had a VC grill and bonnet chrome put on it at some stage, as well as VC taillights. Definitely appears to be a VB though, check your build plate.

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Cheers will have a check on it....

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
Bumper over riders also look VB.

As for the paint, it's pure original and has never been touched. I say keep it as is, patina and everything. "Ratrod" inspired.

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Yeah she was totally original - i got made an offer on it i couldnt turn down. Shes now in a panel shop in Auckland getting a full bare metal rebuild, shes in for a cherished life with the new owner so was a win win. Wasnt easy handing the keys over though lol, he said hes going to keep in touch with pictures so i'll chuck them up if or when they turn up....