Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Base jumpers, illegal?

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
Fellow jc's,

so i was driving home with the fam this afternoon from our long weekend holiday at Kangaroo Valley (south of sydney), and as we were on the highway heading up to this massive high bridge covering a lake and grassy hills, their was two fellas running with skydiving gear and helmets with cameras atttached (looking as if they had just stole something) towards the centre of the bridge, just as we got past the centre they jumped of.

I got the best view as the traffic was chockas, just even watching these blokes gave me an addrenaline rush, great cas it gave me something to think about through the booooring trip home.

i really only thought this kinda crazy stuff was in America lol

The main question i wanted to ask is,
Is Base jumping or wateva its called Illegal, or is it illegal because your using the building or stucture in the wrong (unsafe) way?

also.....

Has anyone here on jc ever tried skydiving or anything similar to this? was it fun? did it get ur blood pumping hahah?

And howmuch does it cost to go skydiving or base jumping? because i thought i would be a great birthday present for a mate, i mean it got my adrenaline running just watching

sorry if some of you fellas have no idea what im going on about or think i dont lol

thanks james

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
its illegal from public/privately owned property/buildings.

you can go jump off the side of a cliff but a bridge or building will land you in jail.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
VN Luke has skydived, because he decided (at the pub?) his life was boring, but that was before the VN was going. He might reply to this

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
its illegal from public/privately owned property/buildings.

you can go jump off the side of a cliff but a bridge or building will land you in jail.

kk thanks, now i know why they had a real skatchy look on their faces haha ( besides the fact they were about to jump of a bridge haha)

VN Luke has skydived, because he decided (at the pub?) his life was boring, but that was before the VN was going. He might reply to this

sweet, yeh not to bad an idea, the amount of things ive said im going to do at the pub are countless, but i never follow through with them haha

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
i think sky diving is a couple hundred? something like $300-400?? depends where you go i suppose

a few of my friends have done it n they all loved it!! even the ones who keep talking about how 'bad' their experience was still wanna go back coz they still reckon its worth it

major adrenaline rush! and at least its legal... and much safer :p (when i say safer, youre still jumping out of a plane.... so you know haha

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
VN Luke has skydived, because he decided (at the pub?) his life was boring, but that was before the VN was going.

lol.

skydiving was pretty awesome - I would rate it at about the same 'rush' level as being 'in the zone' crossed up sideways maneuvering bends at speed. - although the rush seems to last longer :)

both are too expensive. (a short jump will set you back 2-300 bux, a long jump with cameras and all that gear will be in the order of 6-700) - depending on where you go, etc.

in either case - you'll remember the experience long after you've forgotten how much cash you blew on it - so stop thinking about it and just book it in already. :)

and yes I'm still too boring.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
get luke to take ya mate for a spin in the vn probably more than enough of a rush just there surely cheaper than skydiving too

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
i went skydiving on my 18th...few years back now :p it was awesome...coming from someone who is **** scared of heights, haha. problem is though it still didn't fix my fear :S ah well.

On the base jumping, i used to work with a nutcase that was into this, he used to hit up cliffs though...and yea he said it was definately illegal but the rush was all worth it haha.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Did quite a few static lines in the army, as well as free falls still go out when i get the chance to do a jump or 2. I miss static line though.

love the general

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute daily hj gts project
havent tried sky diving yet i'd probably be 2 scared to base jump lol but i've bungee jumped which was awesome. Another guy that was there reckons he got more of a rush from bungee jumpin than skydiving though