Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Basic mods for SV6

Ryan83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 SERIES 1
Hi,

I'm new on this forum and I don't know much about cars.

I have a VF 2014 SV6 sedan which I purchased 6 months ago.

While the car is an improvement on my VY Equipe Commodore, I still feel like I would like abit more power.

I heard on YouTube that a basic mod could be to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors. Would that make much difference? Is there anything else you could recommend?

Also I read that the suspension of the SV6 and SS was tuned the same, what does that mean ? Is the SV6 kind of half way between the SS and Evoke?

Last edited:
H

harrop.senator

Sv6 is the ss of the v6es.

No use changing fuel pump and injectors without more mods to need the fuel.

OTR , exhaust and tune.

Ryan83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 SERIES 1
Sv6 is the ss of the v6es.

No use changing fuel pump and injectors without more mods to need the fuel.

OTR , exhaust and tune.

Does OTR make a difference? And with all those mods, how much kilowatt and/or horsepower would I get?

H

harrop.senator

OTR needs a tune , loses like 30+ kws when installed untuned. Runs really rich and too much fuel.

Most stock vf sv6 lfx seem to run around the 160-175 rwkw stock. With cats , catback intake and tune they seem to be making 195-210 rwkw.

There's heaps of before and afters on YouTube I'd reccomend having a squiz.

Ryan83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 SERIES 1
OTR needs a tune , loses like 30+ kws when installed untuned. Runs really rich and too much fuel.

Most stock vf sv6 lfx seem to run around the 160-175 rwkw stock. With cats , catback intake and tune they seem to be making 195-210 rwkw.

There's heaps of before and afters on YouTube I'd reccomend having a squiz.

rwkw is hard for me to get my head around. Officially my car is 210kw stock, what do you reckon it would be after the mods. Cheers

H

harrop.senator

As I stated around 195-210 rwkw.

You'll lose 20% to drivetrain. Stock motors are rated at the crank , torque converter, transmission, tailshaft, diff , axles , wheels. All takes power to turn them.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
And with all those mods, how much kilowatt and/or horsepower would I get?
Officially my car is 210kw stock, what do you reckon it would be after the mods. Cheers

My advice - don’t focus on numbers, they mean nothing and are subject to many variables.

Find a good tuner and tell them how you want the car to drive, eg good torque in the lower RPM’s, better top end power etc etc and let them tell you what they can do.

Too many people focus on raw numbers and not what they actually want the car to do.