Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Basic system tuning and gain settings

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
2 LOUD, trying to explain to someone how to find the point of clipping on a head unit could be a little difficult. If they don't completely understand it, then they may run into problems. While i agree with you i think someone starting out might have a hard time getting their head around it. I also figured it would be better for a beginner to just compete disconnect the power. How many times have we heard stories where things have gone wrong from people not paying attention they are plugging, or unplugging something. This way they take no chances , if they follow it, we won't get any more of those "it was working now it isn't" threads.

thats fair enough, i didn't think about it that way :)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
HC, Just a quick question..

Today i tuned in my amps, I set the volume on the HU to 42/42, And itunes to full, then started to turn up the gain, I was able to get it to full without any distortion.

Is this right????

Post the make and model of both your speakers and amplifiers so we can get a better idea on what your dealing with. Also, don't set your system up using a portable music device. You will have 2 sources of volume. Just use a CD instead.

What others settings have you made prior to the gain adjustments?