Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bathurst 1000 name will not change for Brocky

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
The Bathurst 1000 race will not be re-named as a tribute for Brock. Just heard on the radio now. There was talk today about re-naming the Bathurst 1000 to a different name as a tribute to Brock. No change will be made.

I went to Bathurst in 2001, camped on the creek, ate pub meals, bet on the races every night, drank 15-20 beers a day, started drinking at 7 am, ate expensive junk food all day, $600 later it was one of the best trips of my life. I need to do it again one day. :D

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
that is so sh*t.....hope they at least leave pole empty for PB

SuperCheap will get more advertising because they allowed the change therefore more sales....if thats what there worried about.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Some man came on the radio saying that there is no doubt that Brock tributes will be around everywhere though. I thought it was a bit rough seeing he was the champion 9 times thru the 70's & 80's!

themantiss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
haha super cheap owning bathurst...if it wasnt as cool a race as it is i wouldnt watch it, working at repco and all... :p brocky was remembered over here as well, just thought id let you aussie dudes know, hes still the man, even though hes australian... :p

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Yeah, that sux I reckon.

There was even talk about re-naming Mount Panorama to Mount Brock. I think that's going a bit far, but to name the race the "Brock 1000" or something would have been an awsome tribute - even just for this year!

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Yeah 'Brock 1000' sounds cool! They said even though the name won't change, organisers are putting together a 'tribute package' for the event.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
I dont think they should have changed the name of the race to the Brock 1000 (mind you the Supers#it 1000 doesnt sound that good either). They should name the winners trophy after him or put a big statue there in his honour like they do for cricketers at the MCG.

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
I use to camp out at bathurst every year.. We use to get a couple of spots down in the camping area at the chase... Great fun.. Was always a bloke long weekend... I miss those days...

But yeah, I think there should be a brock statue or tribute there.. I also agree that they shouldn't change the name.. I am all for Brock, but changing the name just doesn't seem right...

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
I was expecting this response from Mr 'No driver is bigger than V8 Supercars' Cochrane.

Only he can turn a response to something like this into a political jab against the NSW Government

Next he'll be saying that the cars can't run tributes to Brocky as it breaches Article 17, Section 12a, Subclause 'a' of the teams franchise agreements :rolleyes: