Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bathurst 2016

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Looking at heading to Bathurst for 2016 from WA for the first time.

Just chasing feedback on accomodation and where to view the race from. Will be flying to Syndney, then hiring a car and driving to Bathurst. Looking at flying to Sydney on Tuesday, so we can watch the trucks roll through town on Wednesday.

Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

TwoHeads

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SSV Ute
You might have trouble getting accommodation in Bathurst this close to the event. When we went we camped at the site (once outside Hell Corner, and once in the Paddock).

As for places to watch the race, I have only been a couple of times, but I spread myself around the track (except at the top of the hill) to find the best spot. I found that the viewing areas at the Chase were the best. Regardless, find somewhere with a big screen nearby.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
People book from year to year as they have since the '60s when I first went. I doubt you will get into Bathurst itself.
We did stay many times at the Victoria Hotel Bathurst many times with some of the teams.

Give Blayney or Carcour pubs a try. Royal Hotel in Carcour is well worth a stay.......You might be lucky??? Great old style pubs in both those those towns with sensational Chinese restaurants also in town.

P.S. Spread yourself about the circuit from top to bottom.

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Cheers guys. Yeah thought we would have to stay at a town nearby, rather than Bathurst itself.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I did this a few years ago, the year that Lowndes won it for his 3rd time in a row. Me and mate did it, we bought a package though. But We hired a car in Sydney, the one right near the airport, about 5 minutes walk from the terminal. Apollo Car Hire I think it was. We did a bit of sight seeing on the way too, drove up to Newcastle and then to Bathurst. We stayed in Blayney, and the package we got had bus transfers to and from the track each day. We initially thought that it would be tight on timing, but they are pretty good and will wait if you are a couple of minutes late. The time the bus left the track was late enough that you didn't have to rush.

On the Saturday we went all over the track and watched the days events from everywhere. On Sunday though, we had seats in the grandstand right on the finish line. We thought we would wander around the track on Sunday too, but believe it or not, there is so much going on that we didn't move apart from getting food and going to the toilet lol. There was the huge screen directly across from us so we could see it all anyway.

One year I really want to drive over and back with a couple of mates. Although I'm thinking I'm going to ride and go to Philip Island and watch the Superbikes.

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
+1 Royal hotel at carcour, stayed there 2 yr ago. The publican is the old town cop with great story's and if he likes you he will let you serve your own drinks after hours. Very trusting bloke. Also they won best pub food award! 45 min drive from Bathurst. Amazing old stone buildings.

Blayney tourist park was good for family's. Only 25 mins away. Many shops are open in this town. Even have an Iga.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
+1 Royal hotel at carcour, stayed there 2 yr ago. The publican is the old town cop with great story's and if he likes you he will let you serve your own drinks after hours. Very trusting bloke. Also they won best pub food award! 45 min drive from Bathurst. Amazing old stone buildings.

Blayney tourist park was good for family's. Only 25 mins away. Many shops are open in this town. Even have an Iga.

You can trust "The Gos" with where to go stay........Royal Hotel Carcour, and what a great little town where Kurt Fearnley came from.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
At over a year out you should have no trouble booking accommodation.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Any cheap motels, etc in townish you guys could recomend? Hoping to head up next year too and would like just need somewhere cheap to sleep haha.