Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bathurst 2016

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
what is "something suitable in return thou" haha..

1c3029ae47cfd8cbadac050356502718.jpg

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Yep. Here is the information on the campsites for this year. From memory, it is similar for each year (timings, etc).

V8 Supercars Camping - Camping FAQ's 2015
thanks. It's been a long time since I went. It was a free for all turn up and drive in, avoiding the burnt wrecks and roll overs from the night before.
Good to see there's no roping off of viewing areas. That really annoyed us when that started up.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
what is "something suitable in return thou" haha..

1c3029ae47cfd8cbadac050356502718.jpg

Lol yes that sounded bad. A carton/slab. Supercheap/repco voucher. Or you shout me dinner.......

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Lol yes that sounded bad. A carton/slab. Supercheap/repco voucher. Or you shout me dinner.......

I would think at least six of each.
You only get what you pay for in life. There are no free lunches.

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Try Orange, Oberon and Lithgow as well.

I live in Cowra which is a bit over an hour away. I have 2 spare beds for something suitable in return ;)

Cheers, ill keep it in mind. Might looking into the camping situation at the track as well.

Premier 350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Aclaim Wagon
thanks. It's been a long time since I went. It was a free for all turn up and drive in, avoiding the burnt wrecks and roll overs from the night before.
Good to see there's no roping off of viewing areas. That really annoyed us when that started up.

No rope, but they all get marked out in paint. Thats why I usually get there on 9 days before race day. The early bird get the worm ( or 'corporate box')

Gilly91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
I stayed along with 17 other mates on Kelso showground (a couple of k's from the centre of Bathurst) this year. It worked out to be $120 each for 4 nights (Thursday-Sunday). It was kind of disorganised but there were a heap of 3 man tents that someone sets up on the footy field behind Paddy's Hotel in Kelso. Not sure what the accommodation is officially called but it did the job for us.
There are basic amenities (showers and dunnies) right near the tents and the pub (Paddy's) has power outlets to charge your phone over dinner and a few beers. They also do a shuttle to and from the track.

Worth a look if you only need somewhere to sleep. Pretty basic though!

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
does anyone know when the tickets for next years Bathurst go on sale?

had a quick look for accommodation in Bathurst, most places have October blanked out of their booking calendar or it only goes to april next year. might have to start phoning some places.

check out flights, can get perth to Sydney for around 560 return I think it was, that was cheapest with Qantas anyway.

need to look into the hire car situation next and look further into accommodation