Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bathurst

C

commodore_vy

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to know if anyone is planning on going to bathurst this year, to watch so commos kicking butt. :hit:

My plan is to go out on the thursday and come back late sunday, i have to work on monday...Dam work

Dose anyone know any good motel/hotel/pub to stay at around bathurst?????

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I don't know about the Commodores kicking butt going by the recent unlucky events this year but hey we can only hope. Skaifey should qualify at the rear and see what happens, after all he always gets up the front and some disaster always happens.

Skaifey has proved the car has the speed lets just hope his fortunes can change for 'the race' of the year.

Even Brock did alright in the Sandown race and being Bathurst I dare say he'll be trying that little bit harder.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Would be great to go down there this year....And even see Brockie get a possible number 10. But im going to have to go down next year. Car 2 should go ok i think considering their car speed at bathurst but just because they have good car speed doesnt mean they can win it....everyones going to have a top notch package to go up against the mountain so it should be a very good race. Ill be watching from beside the beer fridge on the couch :)

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Ahem...I stand by to be flamed unmercifully for this...but...

I haven't sat down and watched Bathurst for many years now, and neither do a lot of other people I know of.
We used to all religously sit down and nothing could budge us from our seats all day...now, if at all, we just watch the start and the finish, and maybe have a look during the day if the TV happens to be on.
The Production car race they have there is much better value...erm...except for when Holden entered and won with thier "Production" one-off specially-built Monaro 427...."production car" my little pink d*ck....

I'm sorry to say I liked it better when it wasn't an endless parade of Commodores and Falcons...it was better when there was all different makes and a variety of cars and body types...you never knew what was going to go on, what surprises there may be at the finish line, much better racing all round. The best we can hope for now is to pray they show some clips from the good old days when all makes and models battled it out on the mountain...
Oh, and I read a comment from a big knob in the world of V8 racing, who was asked about other manufacturers with V8's (and there are plenty now) being allowed to enter, such as Toyota, Maserati, and others. He angrily said "We've built this thing up with Ford and Holden and I'm buggered if these blow-ins are going to come in and get publicity and maybe win riding our coat-tails". :b: Afraid of a little competition there are we???

Sorry...just had to get that off my chest... :p :rolleyes: :hit:

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Was going to Bathurst with a friend, but he has family commitements now so we called it off. *sigh*

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Personally if any other manufactuer (aka from japan etc) entered the V8 Supercar Championship i would probably stop following it and jsut look at the results every now and then.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah its Holden vs Ford.. And theres alot of cars /teams around already, anymore and it'd be kinda silly.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
bextor84 said:
Yeah its Holden vs Ford.. And theres alot of cars /teams around already, anymore and it'd be kinda silly.

exactly could you imagine a 60 car race at Adeleide....it would result in either some of the existing teams converting to the new manufactuer or the existing ones remaining the same and other teams coming in.......+ there would not be enough pit room for that many teams anyway