Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery flat in car, possibly in remote too?

Chev_350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6
My Calais a vx had been alittle unreliable of late, so I had left it home a couple of weeks and drove something else. I went to start it a couple of days ago and no dice, battery flat. I went to get it jump started last night and the remote didn't want to work which lead me to think that in addition to the battery in the car being flat the battery in the remote is flat as it hasn't had a chance to recharge, either that or the battery in th car is just that flat.

Basically without sounding like a complete and utter moron, how am I going to get into this car to get it started?

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Use the key to unlock the door ?

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
OMG your an idiot like me!!! hahahaha

i had a similar issue, my rad blew and i left it on the side of the road over night and took the battery.. come back and i was scratching my head for 5 mins wondering how i was gonna get back in!! and thought maybe through the boot.. the boot key hole. at that point i was really stumped then i had a look at my door and seen a keyhole lol

never used it before... never seen it before.. lol was fckin hilarious!

but yeah use the key hole ;) haha

Chev_350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6
Yeap key didn't work....

Had RACQ come around, he got the door open just a enough using an pump up air pad to get some wire in to open the bonnet, put a bit of charge in the battery and the doors were able to open with the remote, so the remote wasn't flat.