Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery in the Boot?

Tekka

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VR Commodore
I was browsing the Ford forums and came across a thread saying that the VE mechanics who designed the motor stuffed up and didnt have any room left for the battery so they mounted it into the boot

Now i know plenty of cars have them in the boot, but i think those ford fellas are just jealous because if it is to be true then they are pissed ford didnt think of that and Holden did thus they make up some bullshit reason that the mechanics messed the design up... I dont think that would have happened otherwise their asses would be fired!!

Can anyone verify this?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I find it hard to believe that a car that has had millions of dollars put into it and possibly hundreds of different sized prototypes could have a 'stuff-up'. Its not like a few blokes put out a set of wheels one day and start building up and go crap, no room for a battery.

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
Tekka said:
I was browsing the Ford forums and came across a thread saying that the VE mechanics who designed the motor stuffed up and didnt have any room left for the battery so they mounted it into the boot

Hard to believe that when the car is bigger than any Commodore to date.

What's to say it isn't a valid design decision? Upper class Euros have had their batteries in the boot for decades, now Holden does it and its a "stuff up". The guys over on FF are a bit biased, I reckon. Holden are dinosaurs for using a pushrod engine, and then they're idiots because the battery is in the boot.

Honestly, who cares where the battery is? :hit:

BadMac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS.
Load of rubbish

This is months old. Holden confirmed that in early prototypes it was in the boot, but it is under the bonnet like normal in all current builds and will be in the final version.

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
Its nothing more than a bit of mud raking. They were looking for a response, and they got one...