Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery into boot

NPreston

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC
You could consider getting something like an Optima battery then you would not need to be concerned about hydrogen gas in the boot. I have one mounted in the passenger side rear footwell in a standard battery mounting tray and it passed registration and CAMS scrutineering without question. The car only has 2 seat registration, hence the battery location.

Lewie

B Cast and flat topped!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Very thirsty VT & VH project under way! YAY!!
I'd love to get an Optima battery actually. Bit on the $$ side though but seems to be a good investment. My father in-law has one in the Rambler Rebel he's rebuilt over the last 8 years and he has one in that. He hasn't run long enough to run in the engine yet but over all that time he's used the Optima to start it without fail over that entire period.

NPreston

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC
I guess it depends on how good your existing battery is, if replacement is close an ordinary battery and sealed vented battery box may be as expensive as an Optima battery.

iwannabusa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH factory v8 VR V6 acclaim
i ran a 30mm cable from pos to starter, earthed to wall in boot, and ran my altinater pos to the starter terminal also, i have to earth straps from motor to body it all runs mint man.
i have 14.8 volts at the battery from the alt and thats from an old hq motor i put in my vh. i also ran my cable under the seats and thru the fire wall didnt want it under the car easy mod i reckon.