Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery issues

eroled

VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
sounds like a dead cell or two for sure,

im surprised the car is still running off it if you ask me,

when you get a new battery, you will notice your lights are brighter, dash lights wont flicker when you turn on lights etc,

i bet your alternator is making some pretty cool noises atm too, if you can pick it, it sounds like a supercharger, it whistles when putting out the big amps

After sitting here reading this post and putting two and two together Ive realised my battery is forked , I was wondering what that whistle noise was:bang: Cheers andyman I never would of picked it . Is there a good battery to get as a upgrade as i also have sub /amp or is it best to leave stock size Cheers People:thumbsup:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
After sitting here reading this post and putting two and two together Ive realised my battery is forked , I was wondering what that whistle noise was:bang: Cheers andyman I never would of picked it . Is there a good battery to get as a upgrade as i also have sub /amp or is it best to leave stock size Cheers People:thumbsup:

i have a supercharge gold, fully sealed calcium battery, its beefier than standard, its 600cca, 105rc

eroled

VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
i have a supercharge gold, fully sealed calcium battery, its beefier than standard, its 600cca, 105rc

Is supercharge gold the brand of the battery, was it from a major car parts place like battery world or supercheap just so i can get one in my area.
I take it you are happy with that battery.How much did it cost ya .Cheers for the help andyman good help is hard to find sometimes:thumbsup:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Is supercharge gold the brand of the battery, was it from a major car parts place like battery world or supercheap just so i can get one in my area.
I take it you are happy with that battery.How much did it cost ya .Cheers for the help andyman good help is hard to find sometimes:thumbsup:

super charge is the brand, gold is the type of battery, mine is a MF53 see - Supercharge Batteries - Car Batteries, Maintenance, Expanded Grid Technology

ac delco also make really good batteries - see ACDelco Australia

alot of holden dealers sell acdelco cause its one of there parts suppliers, super charge is sold at super charge dealers or mostly auto electricians,

supercharge has the longest garrantee of 3 years, the only problem ive had is on a track day it leaked acid out of the breather, which did cause paint damage, but i think it was caused by either overcharging because of constant high revs and no real load on the battery, or engine bay temps got extremly hot, i burnt my hand on the strut brace when checking the trans dipstick

eroled

VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Just checked out both links and i found meself a acdelco dealer just round the corner from home and the supercharged batterys were in Brisbane so ill go for acdelco at this stage but ill ring supercharge tomorrow to see if they have one closer, cheers for the help andyman much apreaciated :thumbsup:
Thanks Phil

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
Went and picked up the new battery yesterday arvo and installed it when I got home last night. Is an Exide super heavy duty, got it from Coventry's. $85ex gst. Put it in, kicked over first shot, very nice. This one has a 2 year, unlimited KM warranty.

eroled

VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Went and picked up the new battery yesterday arvo and installed it when I got home last night. Is an Exide super heavy duty, got it from Coventry's. $85ex gst. Put it in, kicked over first shot, very nice. This one has a 2 year, unlimited KM warranty.

Did it get rid of ya supercharger noise? Cheers Phil

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
hahaha yeah. damn it.... :D

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
*** everybody goes out to get rooted batteries in their car for special supercharger noises***

haha rofl

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
oh sweet ! I can make a profit here!!! WTS rooted battery that will add super sweet supercharger noise to your car!!! Will make them ricers think twice before wanting to "go your executive..." DO IT !*!@(^#%&*(^)@#%&*(