Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery issues

eroled

VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Just brought myself a new battery, acdelco one.my old battery is for sale it comes with a free supercharger noise but wait theres more ill throw in some free steak knives. Cheers Phil.:thumbsup:

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
Oh ****, no you didn't. IT'S ON !!!!!!!! YA HEAR ME ?? OOOONNNNN!!!! I'll GIVE my battery away! + It comes with a free doorstop! (the ability to use it as) Also doubles as a toxic paperweight! uhm .... I've got nothing hey ... I'm out ... (supercharger sold separately)

eroled

VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Going cheap ,free postage ,4 easy payment of $29.95 and dont forget the free steak knifes be quick it wont last

jet-6

Yer im that guy!
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ SX6 ADVENTRA
Ok while on the subject, whats the largest mAh battery available to suit a VZ, i have a car fridge that wont last more than 8 hours if left on, need to try get a few more hours

Can you get larger physical sized batteries to fit, or is there a specific battery that would fit and is recomended by anyone

eroled

VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
i have a supercharge gold, fully sealed calcium battery, its beefier than standard, its 600cca, 105rc

Ok while on the subject, whats the largest mAh battery available to suit a VZ, i have a car fridge that wont last more than 8 hours if left on, need to try get a few more hours

Can you get larger physical sized batteries to fit, or is there a specific battery that would fit and is recomended by anyone

Im no battery expert but I think this may be a large as you can get (as above ), correct if im wrong . My new one is 430cca if that means anything to ya . hope this helps it means fork all to me,its bigger than my old one in cca size.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450

Im no battery expert but I think this may be a large as you can get (as above ), correct if im wrong . My new one is 430cca if that means anything to ya . hope this helps it means fork all to me,its bigger than my old one in cca size.

power wise, yea, thats about the max u can get, with the fridge in my car, i have a second battery (deep cycle) with a electronic isolator to charge it when car is running and disconnect it, so you dont get flat batteries

Last edited:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Where did you mount your second battery?

battery in the boot lol

its basically 20cm2 cable running from the battery through the car via and 150 amp anl fuse in the engine bay, to the anderson fitting that can be disconnected and stored in the little storgae compartment in the back,

on the battery box i have mounted a 150 amp electronic isolator and another anderson plug to the supply leads for easy removal from the car, anyway pictures speak a thousand words

enjoy

DSC00777.jpg

DSC00782.jpg

DSC00781.jpg

jet-6

Yer im that guy!
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ SX6 ADVENTRA
Ahhhh, yer im way to anal to do that, i wonder if there is room under the car somewhere to hide one?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ahhhh, yer im way to anal to do that, i wonder if there is room under the car somewhere to hide one?

HA good luck,

buy an otrcai for it, and when you remove the airbox, use that room