Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

battery light and high revs

dv81

Reaction score
Members Ride
hz
hi all i have fitted a vq 5l and t700 into my hz tonner all was working fine until i was setting up my temp gauge i had to change the temp sender to suit my gauge and i have done this but in doing this the wire in the engine harness i was testing to see if it was connected to my gauge already as i had a work shop fit the engine and in doing so i hit the positive side if the battery and it sparked out and the was a noise from in the dash area near the gauges and now the battery light and engine light are on contantly and the revs are high around 1500 when in park and 1200 when under load it also smells like its over fueling it has all the hz gauges still except the fuel gauge and im not sure if i can check for fault codes with this set up any help would be great

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
Have you checked fuses?

Sound's like you could have popped a fuse.

dv81

Reaction score
Members Ride
hz
i have check all fuses i know of and all look ok i also just changed the ecu with another one out of an other vq and its still the same i used a wiring harness from pat gardner conversions which uses the original engine harness so it does have the diagnostic plug still