Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

battery light on??

B

ben19871987

Hi, i installed a cd player in a VR commodore, now one battery has run dead (it had a dead cell) now a new battery has been installed and the battery light on the dash is still coming on, does anyone know of anything i may have done wrong? or is this a coisidence with the alternator going or some other problem? thanks

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
did you accidently rig the acc/on wire to a constant 12v?

B

ben19871987

i dont think i did because the cd player does turn off, other wise it would not turn off would it? i can see if the cd player didnt turn off this could drain the battery, but with the cd player fully functional, turning off when ignition turns off i dont see what could be wrong? or could this be the problem, thanks

petezor

i like icecream
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
lol...

yeah i already tested the main wire for continuity and there was a circuit there. The light has just started to come on and then go of again lately too.. weired
Might be time to go to a auto electrician.

another problem i had, the alternator wire to fusebox to battery, was FRIED LOL, check this pic, i wired up a 8ga one i made, looks pro and is **** thicker, than the stock crappy wire.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1166/image164xl1.jpg

myvtspack

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
does anyone have an idea about a battery light staying on evan after changing the alternator to a 100 amp and the battery is about a month old. i have a big system but since the alternator blew i havnt put the fuse back in.

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
Take the thing to a sparkie, and fix it.