Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery re-connection issues

Mookie01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore executive series 2
Thanks to never ending lockdowns I haven’t been driving the SSVR that much. On the last start the engine was turning over slowly so I thought it would be good to charge the battery overnight.

I disconnected the battery, gave it a charge overnight. Voltage is now much healthier. Now I have some issues:
- Drivers window refused to open. Every other window including the sunroof did open. Weirdly the same thing happened on the Colorado when I disconnected the battery. A GM thing?
- TPMS won’t reconnect
- Outside temp not working

I tried the disconnect/ reconnect, still have the above issues. I removed the 30amp fuse in the boot for the drivers window. Success! But still the TPMS will not connect and no outside temp.
Any ideas?

Okay these have a TPMS reset procedure these cars I have attached a file from youtube it’s for a WM caprice but gives you an idea

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
You are wrong these cars have a TPMS relearn procedure
The WM caprice was based on VE architecture where your posted youtube procedure is relevant.

@myls362 issue relates to his VFII o_O :cool: The VF architecture is different to that of the earlier vehicles so the your above youtube procedure doesn't work on VF's and WN's ;) The VF procedure is shown below.... just so you know :p

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Thread cleaned