Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery Saving Mode

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
that's some pretty handy info there. cheers :thumbsup:

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
Just had the girlfriend's series II SV6 refuse to start and go into battery saving mode at midnight of all things.

Will look at it tomorrow some time, just wondering if there's anything I can do or if the battery is shagged and will need to be replaced.

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Just had the girlfriend's series II SV6 refuse to start and go into battery saving mode at midnight of all things.

Will look at it tomorrow some time, just wondering if there's anything I can do or if the battery is shagged and will need to be replaced.

Have you checked the battery percentage? It's not all too accurate apparently but it'll still give you some type of indication of what's happening. Mines around 52% right now it starts like a pig but will run everything including my sound system which has a much bigger draw than stock system would.

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you checked the battery percentage? It's not all too accurate apparently but it'll still give you some type of indication of what's happening. Mines around 52% right now it starts like a pig but will run everything including my sound system which has a much bigger draw than stock system would.

It completely died, couldn't even lock the car or open the boot last night/this morning. Grabbed some jumper cables and a spare battery so the car had SOME power that way I could open the boot, attached a trickle charger and will leave it overnight.

Last night before it died completely had a look in engineer mode and the charge was at 69% and had 9.1V(need like 12v) to start.

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
There was one point where for a month or so my battery was ALWAYS reading 68.9% which was very odd but started and ran ok so new battery this week I reckon, would any sealed battery or has a vent tube with enough cca suffice.

Nfsve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
When mine went into battery saver mode the electric windows would not operate until the car was started.

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
When mine went into battery saver mode the electric windows would not operate until the car was started.

Battery saver should stop pretty much everything and the worse off the battery is the more gets turned off.

Even the airbags and abs will turn off just before the battery fully dies.

MrXmas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore 2007
ANDYMAN...Great information in the Service Training Document. You made my day because it explains all my concerns. Pity the Holden Dealership that i went to twice did not tell me this. How bad is that?