Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery Terminals

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Hi All,
I'm looking to get some new battery terminals for my car. I currently have a $10 brass one from Repco :thumbsup: I was looking at some with digital voltage readings.. do they actually work?

Would anyone recommend any? I was looking at Stinger ones and I think Rockford had some aswell. Would these be better than say a no brander one? I've got a stupid 0gauge but it's got a thing on the end :whistling It's a Kicker 0gauge wiring kit and obviously I can't stick the end piece into the 0 gauge slot :p

Can nyone tell me how they did theirs? I'm sure I aint the only one with a wiring kit ... because my girlfriend has the rockford 0 gauge wiring kit and it's got the same stupid terminal at the end.

I'm planning to do the Big 3 upgrade ... but want to do the battery terminals aswell.

Edit: I don't know how many cables I need on the postive side yet. Gotta have a look later (at work atm)
Edit2: It's called a ring terminal on the power cable. How do you connect that to a battery terminal?

Last edited:

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Cut the ring terminal off the 0ga and then put the wire into the battery terminal.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Cut the ring terminal off the 0ga and then put the wire into the battery terminal.

But it looks so clean atm :whistling
It was so hard getting the cable into the fuse holder!! had to cut some strands to get it in! :bang:

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I have Stinger battery terminals and 0ga... The 0ga went in easily without any need for trimming.

The 0ga will still look clean without the ring terminal when it's insterted into a battery terminal.