Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery to Boot...?

lo-rolla

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs bt1
hey guys,

need/prefer to move battery to boot, just wondering do i just ground the negative in the boot? or just run the a negative wire from the battery to the front where the battery was? and how do i go about doing the positive wiring?

thanks guys,
Ben.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
just ground it in the boot to a good size bolt into the steel somewhere towbar bolt or similar power wire straight to the starter pole and then extend the wires that used to connect to the positve on the battery to the same pole at the starter.done ide run a couple of new earths from the engine to the body too

lo-rolla

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs bt1
thanks champ!

also is this like a converter to run the wires to the boot?
IMG_0407r1.jpg

ben.

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
thanks champ!

also is this like a converter to run the wires to the boot?
IMG_0407r1.jpg

ben.

That looks like a distribution block for a sound system install. But in that pic, looks like its taking the standard positive terminal and using it as a joiner and extending it to the positive on the battery that's in the boot.

ST8OOH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice
does anyone know where i could get some sort of diagram to do this mod ?

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
ST800H, doesn't really need a diagram, all your doing is getting the positive cable to goto the positive on the battery in the boot. Then attach the negative to the chassis! Or you can do that as well as running a cable to the negative terminal where the battery was [will provide a better ground for the engine IF a thick enough cable is used].

ST8OOH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice
ok i understand that bit do i need a fuse between starter and battery in boot ? and do i just run a earth from battery to body

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
If your dragging the positive cable from the back, you just have to connect it to the positive battery terminal where the battery would be. Do NOT both fusing it unless your willing to change fuses as soon as you power the car on, or are able to find a big enough fuse. Basically all you are doing is relocation the battery. The batery does NOT have a fuse between it's terminals and the vehicle's battery terminals.

And yes, just run the earth to the body, it's easiest. Just make sure it's a good ground point.