Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Batterys

G4orce

HSV Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vy Senator Signature 5.7lt auto
What wuld you recommend for a good battery for my car running a stereo. I am going through batterys like aa batterys I am told it is because it is under too much stress from my stereo. I am running 2 x 12inch cadence subs off a 600w amp with a capacitor. :whistling

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Anything above 550CCA people are going to start telling you to go for a Yellow Top Optima. Trust me, you aren't pulling enough power to warrant one of these. Ideally you wou;d want something around the 600-650 CCA mark and that should keep you bumping pretty well.

Mike S

Car Audio Pro
Reaction score
It's been my experience that a standard battery in good condition and a properly working alternator is all you need for that kind of system.
I understand you probably know this already cos it's the oldest piece of car audio advice ever !!!
"Put a new earth wire on your battery that is the same size or larger than the earth lead on your amp"
Most cars have a large earth lead that goes to the engine block, (it's for the benefit of the starter motor !!) and a small earth lead to the body, (this is the one that earths your amp). Add a new one and you might be surprised how many little problems dissapear ---- like noise in the system or head lights dimming on bass notes etc...

Another freebie from
Mike :)