Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bazza the backyard burnout beast

mat vsII

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK statesman 5.7, VS exec TURBO
the name

Just in case anyone was wondering why call Bazza, Bazza I thought I mite tell the story of how he got named.

Well back when we first got the car we put side pipes on it. They were strait through from the headers with one small muffler on each bank. it looked cool and the car was loud as! But had a really, really bad deep drone!

And so I said that he sounds a bit like Barry White (a black singer with a really deep voice) just as a joke and Barry turned into Bazza and even tho we fixed the exhaust and the car is totally different, the name has stuck.

And he will always be Bazza :driving:

BURNOUT BAZZA

BEAST260
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 XR8 Ute
A few pics of the engine as it is right now. just stripped it down to check it out. seems the heads and pistons r still ok. was only a blown head gasket. but yet to pull off the left head yet. anyway got a nice pair of heads that have recenly been re-coed and the bazza should be living again.

IMG_5354.jpg

IMG_5355.jpg

IMG_5356.jpg

IMG_5357.jpg

IMG_5358.jpg

woodywoodpeckerin02

Get An ECOTEC Turbo Up Ya
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Calais 5.7
i dont think that u will talk me out of the cooler if we want to go through heads
i think that we will be cooling it and as for robs usel reply it will get lag well
the size of the extra piping is so small it wont matter as all it has to do is turn tyres!

BURNOUT BAZZA

BEAST260
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 XR8 Ute
wood do u know what is required to put the cooler on the setup??? we have to relocate the turbo so u can fit the piping in to the cooler. which means we have to move the pod and the exhaust pipe... mat and i dont see any reason to put the cooler on it. plus everyone i have spoken to about it says we dont need it for 7psi. so woods... get the bloody idea out of ur head. we do not need the cooler.

woodywoodpeckerin02

Get An ECOTEC Turbo Up Ya
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Calais 5.7
na we wouldent hav to move the pod only turn the snail
and when will you learn that fiting that sort of crap was
my job b4 xmas

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Seems like quite a sturdy bit of backyard engineering there guys!

How does the turbo get spooling up enough off of only one bank of 3 cyl though?

Im sure it wouldnt be too much more ingenuity required to bridge in a cross pipe?

Nice work. i'll be keeping an eye on its progress

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
if its doing burnouts and not moving fast a cooler wont do much it needs air flowing through it to cool the intake charge.

BURNOUT BAZZA

BEAST260
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 XR8 Ute
if its doing burnouts and not moving fast a cooler wont do much it needs air flowing through it to cool the intake charge.

THANK U VERY MUCH :w00t: i have been trying to get this through woods head since day one. he just doesn't beleive me. i do not see the point in having the cooler.

REV-231 - it spools up fine running only on 3 cyls good enough that we dont think we have the bridge the exhausts. might still do in the future.

mat vsII

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK statesman 5.7, VS exec TURBO
well i drove the car at the easternats. and the turbo spooled up very very fast and didnt notice any lag as the exhaust side is only a T3 (the pump is T4).

as far as we know the car is making 7 pound of boost but we wont know till its re built and we put the gauge on it.

so at this point we dont need a crossover pipe if its boosting up enough, but on the otherhand its always good to even up the motor and it gives us something to do between events

but lets just wait and see.

hopefully we dont spring into a new Luke Vs Rob debate :whistling

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Aha god this thing was fun to watch put together, and the Morno run for parts. Quality car lads, and yes a better effort then what was put on youtube from the Nats is needed at Winton!