Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bazza the backyard burnout beast

mat vsII

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK statesman 5.7, VS exec TURBO
Hey guys, this is bazza, a burnout car that me and two mates built. We got this standard exec for 300 bucks with a blown auto and an interior that looked like a family of puppies was living in it!!

We welded the diff, replaced the cog box and put a pod filter hanging out the bonnet and we were ready to go to Winton

We expected Bazza to die but 16 tires later he was still breathing, so back to the drawing board..... TURBO!!

Late Thursday night... Easternats eve at 1AM Bazza wheezed into life. we took him for his first test drive around the streets of Carrum, We pulled out of the driveway, gassed it and Bazza launched away in a cloud of tire smoke. he lives!!

During the Easternats one of our co-drivers (*cough* "woods") pushed Bazza to the limit and blew a head gasket.... GRRR. we got it going again, with 3 packs of chemmie-weld . We let our co-drive have another crack on Monday... he blew our radiator... Dam!

Well two days later we had our hands on another two engines and he’s going to be stronger than ever.

after the easternats we treated bazza to a new paind job and gave him a set of micky T's

Keep an eye out for us at Winton’s performance car mania 09!!

Attachments

• IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,141
  • IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 475
  • SL371793.jpg
    SL371793.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 415
  • SL371825.jpg
    SL371825.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 498
  • SL371850.jpg
    SL371850.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 480
  • DSC04668.jpg
    DSC04668.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 762
  • DSC04671.jpg
    DSC04671.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 490
  • DSC04676.jpg
    DSC04676.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 488
  • DSC04673.jpg
    DSC04673.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 594

BURNOUT BAZZA

BEAST260
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 XR8 Ute
Oh man cant wait to drive this at winton this year... just got to get started replacing the motor.

heres a couple pics of what thankfully didn't make it onto the car lol.

woods homemade turbo mainifold wouldn't of work very well.. and that flange was for intercooling piping.. yes... top work right there lol

Last edited:

BURNOUT BAZZA

BEAST260
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 XR8 Ute
oh and dont ask about what woods was thinking when he was wearing that hat :p

SKNOT9

All hope is gone
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series II Acclaim
HAHA lovin the effort boys, i would love to have something like this, keep us posted on future work on bazza!

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
I'm as interested as anyone else - it looks better than some of the ""roadworthy and registered"" commodores i've seen around.... However, don't be tempted to post about your illegal escapades - site rule - i'd rather read about the build than have to close the thread because of the site rules.

It's looking..... well..... it looks.... like something from mad max.

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
verty interesting guys would love to have burn out pig like that :yeah:

BURNOUT BAZZA

BEAST260
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 XR8 Ute
Nah this thing is a track car only... only time its on the rd is to put it on the trailor. pretty much its an NA motor with a T3/4 Hybrid turbo bolted onto one side of the motor. spools up fine on one bank. kicks out 7psi... we think, i only put boost guage on thursday night befor easternats and it wasn't working. turns out had it connected to the wrong vac/boost hose but woods blew the head gasket on the weekend and have only run it once to get it off the trailer.

The turbo manifold is just the stock manifold bolted upside down with a couple mods to make it fit. i made the turbo flange my self cause at the time i worked at bluescope steel and had time on night shifts to make it.

u might see an intercooler in the hole of the bumper.. that is infact not in use.
took alot of work to talk Woods our mechanic mate out of running the cooler. but he still intends on doing it after we rebuild another engine. just cant get through to him lol. anything else u wish to know about the car just ask.

Cheers Rob

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
what tune are u runing? im guessing standard injectors also.

BURNOUT BAZZA

BEAST260
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 XR8 Ute
while im on here ill post a few more picks up.

IMG_5026.jpg

Heres the manifold that ended up on the car.

IMG_5025.jpg

thats the flange i made up.

IMG_5028.jpg

Pic of the setup while still making it. havent got a recent pic of it.. ill take one tomorrow.

im still uploading pics to my photobucket account
heres the link: Pictures by xyfutura - Photobucket

Enjoy