Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BCM and key stubb replacement alarm issue!!! aarrggghhh!!!

philipadorian

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 02 ss
hello very new VY ss LS1 owner here nice to meet you all, and thank you for your attention to the finer details that i do not know :)

I have just brought a month ago a VY totally modified car from a large company that had the hp factory look AFTER THE BUILD:) god bless them however as it is modified, i have lost the one and only key that came with the purchase, today i had jacksons lock and alarm service programme two new keys for the car which are turning the tumbler but not turning of the alarm or imob system, i have found after this 300 dollar process for new keys that they are useless and the BCM module will need to be replaced after the lock guyz just walked from the problem.

As i understand the process to be where by i... 1 I.D the BCM under dash above the pedal to see which one it is, get a new BCM and Key stub... also the old VIN with that BCM so i can get another coded key made that will mate with BCM and ECU providing a spare so i dont have this issue for another century...

second is get it linked with the ECU.

ok please if there are any tec's or members that may be able to explain this process which will be a fix to having a lovely VY to look at and not drive please pipe up and save me :)

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No, you only need to program the new key head to the BCM. Jacksons should know how to do that. It's not hard. But you do need a Tech2 if you don't have the original key.

philipadorian

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 02 ss
jacksons hmmm well they had a go and a good go however in the end it was off to Holden .... and an hour later all good and sorted :) plus thanks for the reply guys my HPF VY back on track with a spare !

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Yeh sometimes it pays to go to Holden first up.I am very weiry of letting so called experts saying they can program keys and the such.OEM all the way as you have found out.Did they reimburse you anything on the $300 you paid them to do the job ?

philipadorian

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 02 ss
i will post some pics when i have finished the mods to the nose :) made a mould up for a carbon fiber breather it looks good at the mo cant wait to finish it, had bonnet repainted, handles also and the under bonnet as well which came up really well. something diff for the car as everyone goes the gts or gto hoods. saving the the temp so if others want carbon or kevlar breathers they just need to ask..