Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BCM ECU PCM Linking?????????

nitrowarrior

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vt GTS Build 78
How do I figure this pickle out..................

HSV model have an Security system intergrated into the loom.......

IF I?????????

Remove the HSV computer.......

So remove ECU, BCM, PCM?.................. replace components..........remove all link backs from ecu loom/bcm loom for the ISS....
Install HSV Memcal in replacement SS 5.0litre ECU, PCM?, BCM.. Link all units with TECH2...Programme New Key Head......

Will this work.....and make the VT HSV work with out being asked for ISS security Tags............

Worst I can figure it will do is store the VIN/Hardware Code of the donor vehicle.....................Is this the only issue.........
Series 1 HSV GTS...What BCM would I need.....Mid? High? does the number on the BCM matter of just luxury level?

Do i have to use a Series 1 BCM,,,,or can I use a VT series 2 or later BCM for donor part?

Hopefully my questions are all on point.....sorry to bombard but am stuck.....

nitrowarrior

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vt GTS Build 78
Bump ....any ideas fellas....I am hoping that changing whole bcmEcuPCM from a donor car into the GTS will maybe remove HSV Security functions?

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
the ESS is a separate system so linking a BCM is the same as if the ESS wasn't installed

fitting new BCM or PCM will not bypass ESS if you don't have the red or black keys it will not start

nitrowarrior

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vt GTS Build 78
the ESS is a separate system so linking a BCM is the same as if the ESS wasn't installed

fitting new BCM or PCM will not bypass ESS if you don't have the red or black keys it will not start

If it is a seperate system it can be removed. And then standard ecu,bcm,pcm can be installed, because TECH2 wouldnt look for ISS signal?

Now.......Just thinking could my problem be the SRS module under the centre console........When I plug Tech2 in it said open circuit in Drivers Airbag.......changed Clockspring......tested airbag for continuence....got.2 reading...seems ok...reinstalled....hook Tech2 up.....No Data from SRS......alll other modules are sending Data....hmmm SRS module Fault?.....or Body Control Module Fault?........

Can I link a new BCM into the system with Black ISS tag....or do I need the RED ISS tag?.....

I have more questions........ ;)

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
the ESS (Embedded Security System) forms part of the loom and the BCM gets linked to the ESS, short of replacing the loom you can't just remove it

there is a special linking procedure that isn't included in the manual it's only available at dealers,HSV and Arrow Aust i don't want to post it on here as i don't know what some might do with it, it's nothing secret and it's in the tech2's ADD NEW Key but you have to meet some conditions and wait for the ESS beeps

nitrowarrior

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vt GTS Build 78
the ESS (Embedded Security System) forms part of the loom and the BCM gets linked to the ESS, short of replacing the loom you can't just remove it

there is a special linking procedure that isn't included in the manual it's only available at dealers,HSV and Arrow Aust i don't want to post it on here as i don't know what some might do with it, it's nothing secret and it's in the tech2's ADD NEW Key but you have to meet some conditions and wait for the ESS beeps

PM me please...............FYI ...I am talking about ISS on a VT series 1 HSV........ESS is the replacement system that took over on HSV's from VT Series 2 on....... I do need ISS instruction.........Cool?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
Why not get it repaired by holden and have everything work correctly
what exactly are you up to?
have you just bought car or is something malfunctioning

nitrowarrior

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vt GTS Build 78
Why not get it repaired by holden and have everything work correctly
what exactly are you up to?
have you just bought car or is something malfunctioning

I wont go to holden because I have a TECH2 dont need to go to Holden......

What exactly am I upto??? Trying to bypass a dodgy security system on a car I own....your tone makes me think u have a problem with that??

Something is malfunctioning....Doors wont lock all the time off key head...vehicle starts then stops....lock unlock doors all good again....SRS module is saying Open Driver Airbag Circuit...........list goes on.....I am trying to fix my f$%^kin car....what do you think I am trying to do????

Anyway has anyone got any ideas on whether changing whole lot will work or??
I am actually coming to the conclusion of stripping my old SS shell installing the ENTIRE wiring loom out of it into the GTS......Throwing the ISS and HSV loom away.....and hopefully getting a lot more love from my TECH2 from there...........
Basically I DONT HAVE A RED TAG.....Not happy...trying to find a way around it.

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
the systems a virtually the same and there is very little information on the ISS

the ISS stores the security code from the ignition key and compares it to the BCM as long as you've got black keys

like i said if you want to remove it change the loom, there's nothing in the Tech2 that will disable it, it only allows you to allow ISS to relearn the security codes this is done by relinking the BCM a second time and following the ISS learn procedure

HSV INTEGRATED SECURITY SYSTEM

The new HSV Integrated Security System (ISS) is fitted as standard equipment to all HSV VT and VS models. The
ISS is a micro-processor controlled immobiliser which automatically isolates essential electrical circuits when the
ISS is armed and accessory or ignition ‘ON’ is detected. The immobiliser is disarmed using a valid ignition key code
and uniquely coded black tags which contain a small chip incorporating specific codes. The HSV ISS has been
improved for the VT range of vehicles. The vehicle no longer requires use of the black ISS tag each time the vehicle
is started. The ISS records the ignition key code and will disarm when a valid vehicle ignition key is detected at the
key slip ring. Up to seven vehicle ignition keys and seven ISS black tags can be assigned to the vehicle if required.
NOTE:
IF THE KEY-HEAD BECOMES UNSERVICEABLE AND FAILS TO DISARM THE ISS, THE ISS MAY BE
DISARMED USING THE BLACK TAG UNTIL A REPLACEMENT KEY IS INTRODUCED.
INTRODUCING NEW KEYS
A red MASTER TAG is also supplied with each ISS. This tag is used to place the ISS into `Learn’ mode: touching
the red tag to the status monitor (located in the glove box) will cause the LED flash rate to increase which indicates
that learn mode is operative. In this mode, codes for lost tags/keys may be overwritten and new keys/tags may be
introduced as follows:
With the ISS in learn mode, insert ignition key and turn ignition switch to ‘IGN ON’ position. The status monitor
will change to indicate ignition key code has been successfully stored (LED goes off). ISS will return to normal
mode. Retouch red tag if more ignition keys are to be introduced.
With ISS in learn mode, touch new black tag to receptacle for approximately 2 secs. Status monitor LED will
change to indicate key code has been successfully stored (LED on). ISS will return to normal mode. Retouch
red tag if more black tags are to be introduced.
NOTE:
THE ISS WILL RECOGNISE SEVEN KEY AND TAG CODES. IF A TAG OR KEY IS LOST, THE
REMAINING/NEW CODES MUST BE ENTERED SEVEN TIMES TO ENSURE THAT THE CODE FOR THE LOST
KEY OR TAG HAS BEEN OVERWRITTEN AND CANNOT DISARM THE ISS.
NOTE:
RED TAGS MUST BE STORED IN A SECURE LOCATION REMOTE FROM THE VEHICLE. DO NOT STORE
RED TAG IN VEHICLE. LOSS OF A RED TAG WILL REQUIRE REPLACEMENT OF THE ISS SYSTEM IF KEYS
ARE LOST OR DAMAGED
VICE OPERATIONS
If an ignition key has been damaged and does not transfer a valid code, the ISS may be disarmed by touching a
valid black tag to the status monitor: this will transmit code to the BCM and enable vehicle start No periodic
servicing of the ISS is required and no additional information is provided or available on the system. HSV dealers
are not authorised to carry out any servicing operations on the ISS system. All requests for information and/or
assistance are to be forwarded directly to the Service Manager at HSV. Before making this request and at any time
that correct operation of the ISS is suspected, the following functional check should be performed:
Check ISS status monitor (located in glovebox) to ensure ISS is in armed mode—i.e. slow flash
Place a piece of tape over the ignition key slip ring contact to break the electrical circuit between ignition key
and ignition barrel slip ring,
Turn key to start position—vehicle should not start.

nitrowarrior

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vt GTS Build 78
Good Info.........My question though is still the same...if I change Looms, computers...BCM....etc from a donor 5.0litreVT SS......this will remove the ISS??? Yes.?..the ISS will be in a pile with the old loom.?......change body loom, and engine loom.....should work? Then my understanding is that there will be no ISS to send a signal...The Tech2 will think the car is the donor SS. Until I punch in the GTS VIN/Hardware Code?? Am I correct to this point??

I dont even have to relink everything and change VIN, etc......due to changing everything over??? Is this acurate???