Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BCM failure

Kiwibob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Monaro VZ
Ok i am having this problem as well, Problem is im in the UK. From reading the forums it sounds like a relay problem that can be fixed. Is it an easy fix? Vauxhall UK (owned by GM) have no idea and have spent a day on my car trying to install a new BCM and trying to marry my keys up which didnt work. Can anybody help me with this?

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
i know this is an old thread but its the only one i can find relating to my problem. my indicators used to stay on very random times, car alarm would go off in the middle of the night intermittently or 30 seconds after i locked it. also battery only lasts a few days before it gets drained

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
As stated you need a new BCM and 2 x keys or the alternative is find someone who can repair the BCM.

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
In all probability your battery may be on it's last legs due to your sticky indicator issue.

Load test you battery and click here to educate your mind man.

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
Theres a guy on ebay selling the relay needed & the instructions on how to change the relay in the BCM for about $50.....

trev20876

Reaction score
Just got hold of an auto elec to do the repair in Ringwood Vic.....$23 for the new relay off ebay and he's doing the job for $150 wich involves about an hours labour including the re-soldering...Holden Dealer wanted the car for 2-3 days and a price quoted of $750......pays to shop around and source out ya options ;)
heard of it yes, and i would be really trying to push for warranty even if its out, or go for halves as a compromise, as its expensive

danny2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
Avalanche
Got bcm problem. does anyone know where I can fix it? I'm from Wollongong

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5