Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bcm help, vt v6 ecotec swap for supercharged l67 vy...

carfresha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodoore
Hello i have a series 1 vt commodoore, the engine is just about dead so i bought a VY supercharged V6 i have everything with it the fuel pump, the computer, wiring harness the whole lot but i was informed i cant just drop the engine into my vt as it wont start something about the BCM Body control module, and holden told me they probably cant get it working for me so what do i do... its the same engine vt super 6 and vy super 6 no difference so how is this right do i purchase a BCM for a vy supercharged l67 and put it into mine, can anyone help me, my car is series 1? thankyou any help appreciated, also i am new to this site...

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Just plug the L67 loom into you ecotec ecu and fit the L67 chip. As long as you old ecu and vy ecu both have the service number ending with 396, they are the same type of ecu so it will be a runner

carfresha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodoore
Thanks mate I really appreciate it with the chip do you mean like a Memcal off of eBay is there anything that you can reccomend thank you

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Get the memcal from the VY ecu and fit it to the VT ecu. They are the same ecu, only difference is that your VT one is already linked to the VT BCM. This is done for a security handshake at start up.

The memcal/ chip doesn't need to link to anything, just needs to know which wire goes where and this isn't an issue in your scenario

carfresha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodoore
Ok mate so if you have time and you type in Memcal supercharged on eBay which one do I buy could you have a look for me mate, as I have no idea and I need to put the engine and gearbox in next weekend thanks mate I appreciate it cause when I type it in there are a few I'm not sure which one thanks

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
You said you already have the VY computer, why do you want to buy another memcal? you already have it...

Also you might want to compare the wiring harnesses to make sure the plugs are the same when you have it out. if they are different then might be easier using the ecotec harness

carfresha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodoore
Yes I have the vy computer I am so confused, is the Memcal inside the computer, cause I was told that the vy computer won't fit in my vt car as I already have a vt computer so is there like a chip or Memcal inside the vy computer do I remove that one then put it into the vt computer, thanks

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Yes I have the vy computer I am so confused, is the Memcal inside the computer, cause I was told that the vy computer won't fit in my vt car as I already have a vt computer so is there like a chip or Memcal inside the vy computer do I remove that one then put it into the vt computer, thanks

VT ecotec and VY L67 have the same computers, all that's different is the memcal which is inside, you need to change this over to your Vt computer, this way you won't run into any issues with the BCM

Casey93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore
Vx

Wat could you do if the ending numbers do not match up.? Sorry don't no how to do a blog