Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bcm issue

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Would recommend a Auto Electrician a Mechanic wont solve electrical problems, Burnt out relays would suggest short in wiring or a spike in voltage, even a jumpstart done the wrong way, I say you need to have your wires tested to the fuse box for any damage u can do it with a multimeter to test from one side of the + wire to the other side using neg from battery to + wire on either end to see voltage at either end to see if its the same, also earth test the same way but using + on the battery. ( hope that makes since)
any plastic or rubber will be ok to use a non-conductor wouldn't use wood it will break down after tighten it even crack off. A old bike tube or tyre without wire will do, Clark rubber has plenty of rubber grommets.

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Thanks adain for all your replies. I am keeping all this in mind. Gus.

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Just been playing around with a few things under the bonnet and noticed the heater tap or somewhete around it has been slowly leaking. Could water possibly be dripping onto a wire somewhere. I can see its been heading towards the firewall as well as the front

Last edited:

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Just been playing around with a few things under the bonnet and noticed the heater tap or somewhete around it has been slowly leaking. Could water possibly be dripping onto a wire somewhere. I can see its been heading towards the firewall as well as the front
Replace the thing, its probably cracked they known for it, doubt that be causing you the problems with electrical. Can always remove any harness around the area and spray them with contact cleaner.

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Replace the thing, its probably cracked they known for it, doubt that be causing you the problems with electrical. Can always remove any harness around the area and spray them with contact cleaner.

Yeah i found it late last night. Will try to get one today.

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
If you pulled the fuse for bcm and by resetting the bcm in doing so made it worked then your problem is the bcm or wiring to the bcm like earth, should be on the right some where, you have to trace the wires and also make sure the plugs are pushed all the way in. If its doing the same thing as your original bcm I would swap it back over and find the issue that's causing the problem, auto elect be your best choice. .
When you say in the right somewhere for bcm earth do you mean under the bonnet or inside the car?

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
It sounds like either a Alternator issue, like over voltage.
or earthing issue with all the symptoms happing all at the same time, I read somewhere there is a Earth terminal that can come lose, near the alternator, and/or adjacent the BMC.
Where he said no communications from the BCM, was he unable to read any codes at all ?
I see your in Victoria, but where ?,
Because there maybe some close by that is a member of JC's that maybe able to help.

PS: I helped another JC's member Nealeyboy not long ago with a similar issue, and it was a Alternator issue,
If you in close proximity to me, I will PM you.
Are you saying there.s an earth near the brake master cylinder when you say adjacent to the BMC? Thnaks

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Should be behind the kickboard up the top or some where up there close to the bcm . Also test if power is present maybe power not getting to it from your fuse box , it be marked bcm if the fuse looks good doesn't mean power is present. Test light or a multimeter will help.

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Should be behind the kickboard up the top or some where up there close to the bcm . Also test if power is present maybe power not getting to it from your fuse box , it be marked bcm if the fuse looks good doesn't mean power is present. Test light or a multimeter will help.
Sorry if i sound dumb. This earth you speak of is inside the car? Near the bcm? Correct? Sorry i don.t really know how to use the multi to test what you.re talking about. Thanks for helping though. I appreciate it.

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Try pulling off the ABS connector then see if it fixes the problem. Doesn't sound like a mechanic job more like a auto electrician. Check all your earth wires around the battery to chassis, test your battery voltage with it running with a multimeter.
I unplugged the abs module and took it for a good drive. I had abs & trac lights/warnings come on of course but the a.c and check engine warnings that were coming on didn.t and i gave it more than enough k's to happen. I had the a.c on to try to entice it to happen, switched between gas and petrol and they never came up. Any thoughts? Thanks again for your help.